3 Day NYC Pizza Crawl with Fellow Berserkers

I figured out a better system. Dinner is limited to 20 people. In the early years we were at 25 or so attendees. Less people = faster food served; so much so, that people got fuller faster. pileon

dh

Great write up Eric! You guys did pretty well. Echoing what Robert said, I’m surprised you left of Ops, and Lucali.

I think you underrate Joe’s but I definitely had a different view of them pre-Covid when slices were $3 for regular and $3.50 for square, not as great of a deal now that they’re $5.

1 Like

Ops was a bit out of the range of travel without taking too much travel time. We did toss that around.
Lucali was also talked, but the 6pm opening was too late for the itinerary and the lines were a worry.

1 Like

Nice reviews. going to have to give some of these places a go. Some places that didn’t get hit you may consider next time around…

Song’E Napule
Pasquale Jones
Grand Street Pizza
Lucali

incredible…how did you space them out each day? you should really take the time to map out your time and events schedule for all of us [cheers.gif]

thanks for sharing.

^This! Also, please notate the days that elastic waistband pants were in use and if not, how did you survive?

Wow, great detail and information! Thank you! Cheers

wow. great report.

We mapped out our trip pretty well. Broken down by borough and then plotted our course. Mostly subway system and walking with a random uber or 2. The Ubers seemed to get tighter and tighter as the time went on [snort.gif]

I am trying to envision a pizza spit bucket.

1 Like

Someone at work said the same thing when I told them about the trip. Not sure any of us would’ve wanted to see that.

Went to emmy squared tonight and really enjoyed it, thanks for the recommendation. The Roni Supreme was spicier than I expected, although a little salty. The thicker crusts aren’t my thing, but I appreciate being able to get gluten free pizza anywhere! Recognizing its apples and oranges… I would still prefer the glutened Pizza Suprema (last consumed 5+ years ago) to gluten free Emma Squared… glad to see that humble Penn Station slice joint made your itinerary!

Never waste. Put in doggie bags for Pizza Rat.

We will be in NYC in a couple of weeks, and my husband and I went through this thread over the weekend to pick a pizza spot (sit down) before hitting a show. Zero Otto Nove won based on your review. Looking forward to it!

1 Like