$3000 bottle

Probably smells like cassis, only amped down a little.

I have an '07 if you were ever interested in tasting that wine. [wink.gif]

I think I am allergic to ghosts.

I’m going to go ahead and say that is in fact Larry. Allow me to present my evidence:

The ring:

In addition to the above picture of the ring, which could be a match, there is also this picture of Larry, and what I think are his wife’s legs, however, pay close attention to his neck in this picture. Very similar to the picture posted by Jancis:

However, here is the smoking gun. A picture of Larry wearing a Valentino blazer that looks very similar to the cropped picture included by Janicis. The comments confirm that it is indeed a Valentino blazer, which goes along with the mention of Valentino being part of his personal style. Now, I have watch enough episodes of Profiles in History (show about Hollywood memorabilia) to know to try to match the exact details. If you look at the right cuff, you will see that the two blazers are identical.

I think it’s fair to say that the evidence is rather conclusive based on visual inspection only.

Certainly a fan of Larry’s wine, and I would be interested to try to figure out more about this.

Alex,

Is there any way you can photoshop Larry’s arms and legs and clothes onto Todd??
Everyone here is convinced that Todd has created this wine and your job is to provide evidence to support that hypothesis.

Lol The Todd already beat that pauper price. Say what you will about him, but years ago (after the GH threat on ebob, a buddy and I stopped by Conn Valley to try the CV wines. Todd sat with us and we drank some then he tasted us on some GH, then he made us beer can chickens and we just cleared the schedule. Had a blast and one of the most memorable tasting experiences. Right up there with tasting Larry’s wines at his home actually. Also an amazing time.

Does this mean anything? I guess in my mind tannin “softens” or “fades” with time, but once softened, I would usually NOT describe the tannin as huge or gigantic.

Can someone explain the background/relevancy of “Todd?”

How long do you have?

It’s a special hand blown bottle that is iridescent. Blend of all 3 stones I believe is what he said. Very limited production.

Ah, there’s an idiot born every second…

With a hand blown bottle does one have to worry about the consistency and accuracy of the bore entry??

As for Todd I believe he is a mythical creature who embodies all characteristics of winery owners, good and bad. We project our fantasies of what winery owners do onto The Todd.

He’s the winemaker at Anderson Conn Valley
, which is of course very respectable winery overall. Something like 15 years ago or so the advertising for his Ghost Horse offshoot hit the internet. Hilariously Bad pictures and website along with seemingly impossible to imagine pricing structure led to a long long joke about the whole thing. Maybe the guy is a blast to hang out with, but you gotta pay a lot of money to find out.

Todd’s story was 15 years ago? I’m getting old.

Dude looks like a less cool version of Yul Brynner.
Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 8.28.53 AM.png
2f7e87a4b62e21536d4330b8d6826c9c--magnificent--yul-brynner.jpg

lol

I have enjoyed Fairchild’s Sigaro cab and tasting wine on his patio with my wife, but this is just plain nuts. A mag, I guess its a mag, of California Cab for 3k?? I just can’t imagine someone paying that, regardless of how pretentious they may be. Isn’t that more than Screaming Eagle (off the list)? I suspect this wine will be far better than the Ghost Horse stuff.

Still its hard to see this market other than one driven by massive ego, that of the producer and customer alike.

Available now.

Andy called it.

What a massive blow hard! A self loving, self absorbed, superficial piece of crap. Never in thirty plus years of covering wine, has someone has made so negative an impression.

Parker 110V, Suckling 220V.