85` Cristal Rose, 86` Taittinger Comtes de Champagne Rose, 15` PYCM La Comme, 03` Raphet Charmes

Perhaps a separate thread on ageing champagne might get their attention?

I’ve thought about doing this for years. We’ve had some snippets of discussions occasionally in individual posts, but not one dedicated to the subject as I am aware of. I’m off to doing so now and thanks for the push.

I hope your experience with 82 Salon is better than mine. Small sample size (2 btls, same lot) but both were heavily oxidized and to my palate (and those at the table) undrinkable.

I have only had a couple bottles of Champagne older than 20 years that would even make me consider cellaring them for much past 20 years - 1988 Krug CdM and 1966 Dom. I prefer the freshness and mousse of younger Champagne and if I want an older still wine, I’ll have a white Burgundy.

Up until now, I’m with you on that strategy Jerry. I’m waiting for some feedback on the separate thread I posted today to see if there’s any action steps I am going to take and continue to enjoy 09` Cristal and lots of other dandies from large and small producers.