‘93 Red Burgundy

Also 93 Groffier Bonnes Mares is drinking really well.

The ‘93 Drouhin Musigny is one of the finest wines I’ve ever had. Haunting and spellbinding.

And yet, the ‘93 Rousseau Chambertin is even grander and may well be the finest wine I’ve had.

1 Like

My finest 1993’s have been:

Leroy Corton-Renardes
DRC LT
Dujac CsD
Drouhin RSV
Bertheau Chambolle
Lafarge Pommard Les Pèzerolles

1993 Rousseau Clos de Beze was one of the best of its line. One of my reference Red Burgundies. The Chevillon NSG Les St Georges was of Grand Cru quality and the La Tache in my limited experience was pretty smart !

Young or semi-mature red burgs definitely not my thing, but I do have a pair of 1993 Lafon Volnay 1ers (Santenots and Clos des Chenes). Potentially still too young for my tastes, but that’s an English necroviniac palate for you!

I also have had a great '93 Ampeau, their Puligny-Montrachet Les Combettes; at a mini-La Paulee in Chicago, it blew away a number of GC’s both white and red (including some DRC Ech). I’ve got some '93 Comtes Lafon, Volnay Santenot buried, so may have to see how they are faring soon. After an '83 Volnay that I drank this weekend, Barolet Volnay Clos de la Barre, I’m not sure about really long term aging on Volnay, but this was of course but a single bottle.