9th Annual Di Fara's Wine and Pizza dinner in Manhattan on March 1 - Fat Tuesday

Definitely a 2006 Podere Brunello. A bottle last year showed very well and far, far better than a 2007 tried earlier.

After that I’m leaning towards a Champagne and an early Rhys Pinot. But I’ll narrow it down closer to the event.

in +2. Still working on what to bring.

1 Like

Moved the probability up to 70%. Trying to clear the schedule

Thinking about either a
2007 Le Macchiole Paleo Rosso
Or
2001 Romano dal Forno Valpolicello Superiore Vignetto di Monte Lodoletta

How many are we in total? Just deciding whether the Champagne should be a magnum.

I’ll bring my billecart mag for this. Definitely interested but gotta check with the gf.

As of 10:00 eastern time February 17, there are 17 confirmed attendees. There are some one the fence that aren’t on the list.

Since I don’t know the set up at this location, I’m capping this at 22; and here’s why. The more mouths to feed, the longer the wait is between pies. They double cut the pies to get everyone feed quickly. It’s a big help when everyone arrives.

They start serving at 7:00 and officially end at 9:00. You can get there early to schmooze with fellow Berserkers.

dh

Dan, put me in, I can get there by ferry from NJ.

1 Like

I’m out. Surgery next Tuesday and surgeon said no alcohol for 6 weeks.

Heal quickly Jay. Here’s to a speedy recovery

Add in a magnum of Etienne Calsac l’Echappee Belle and a bottle of 2007 Rhys Swan Pinot

I’ll bring 2017 Ultramarine Rosé Heintz Vineyard.

So unless you have a Coravin, I can’t bring you any leftovers. [swoon.gif]

Fast and speedy recovery Jay!
I will most likely bring a well aged 1970/1980’s vintage port with me.

1 Like

We’re up to 18 people this morning. When you get a chance, please tell us what wine you’re going to share with us.

Bring stems.

Dan, I have the 2001 Produttori Ovello stood up along with a Produttori Normale (I think the ‘06).

2015 Castello Romitorio Brunello di Montalcino Filo di Seta
2017 Altos Las Hormigas Malbec Appellation Gualtallary

and maybe this?
2007 Cosimo Taurino Patriglione

thoughts?

Might be just me now. Trying to see if my wife will be able to make it or at least the tail end of it, but it is up in the air now.

I think Im going to bring 2008 Stella di Campalto Brunello

1 Like

I’ll plan on bringing a 2004 Gaja Pieve Santa Restituta Brunello Sugarille

1 Like

I’m going to PM Paypal information. $69.