A couple of nights in Puerto Rico....

Will do Ed :wink:!

Not a surprise I know - but - the '99s really do stand out head-and-shoulders above the others. The vintage to own for 20+ years from now!

Here’s my notes from last week. I didn’t take notes on quite a few of the Thursday dinner wines. Jon is still young, so he was only able to make two nights - he’s working on his stamina though.

THREE NIGHTS IN SAN JUAN - (8/27/2015-8/29/2015)

Wednesday Dinner

Thursday Dinner (Partial List)

Friday Lunch

Friday Dinner

• 1975 Moët & Chandon Champagne Cuvée Dom Pérignon Oenothèque - France, Champagne (8/29/2015)
    The 69 and 75 Oeno’s side by side were both perfection. But for me the 69 is on a different planet.
  • 1969 Moët & Chandon Champagne Cuvée Dom Pérignon Oenothèque - France, Champagne (8/29/2015)
    The 69 and 75 Oeno’s side by side were both perfection. But for me the 69 is on a different planet.
  • 2011 Domaine Roulot Meursault Les Luchets - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault (8/29/2015)
    Beautiful as always, but smoked by the 2011 Boucheres.
  • 2011 Domaine Roulot Meursault 1er Cru Clos des Bouchères - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault 1er Cru (8/29/2015)
    Stunning as always. Exotic and seductive. A standout in any crowd.
  • 2009 Domaine Roulot Meursault Les Vireuils - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault (8/29/2015)
    Drunk the 09 and 10 side by side. The 2010 started slow, but simply grew and grew in the glass. I really liked it, and would seek it out. The 09 was good, but lacked sophistication and in the end didn’t impress like the 2010.
  • 2010 Domaine Roulot Meursault Les Vireuils - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault (8/29/2015)
    Drunk the 09 and 10 side by side. The 2010 started slow, but simply grew and grew in the glass. I really liked it, and would seek it out. The 09 was good, but lacked sophistication and in the end didn’t impress like the 2010.
  • 2009 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Bienvenues-Bâtard-Montrachet - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Bienvenues-Bâtard-Montrachet Grand Cru (8/29/2015)
    Very good, and I kept coming back to this wine over the night.
  • 1929 Château Beychevelle - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, St. Julien (8/29/2015)
    I’m pretty sure this was the real thing, and it showed very well.
  • 1966 Château Latour Grand Vin - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Pauillac (8/29/2015)
    I’ve had perfect ex-chateau bottles of this, and it can be a real stunner. For me, this bottle was a bit weak, but others really liked it. Maybe it was me.
  • 1982 Château Pichon-Longueville Baron - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Pauillac (8/29/2015)
    This wine has never moved me, and tonight was no exception.
  • 1983 Château Margaux - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Margaux (8/29/2015)
    Generally a killer wine for me. This bottle was good, but didn’t hit the greatness that I’ve come to expect.
  • 1996 Domaine Leroy Romanée St. Vivant - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Romanée St. Vivant Grand Cru (8/29/2015)
    A terrific wine, that was really good. Deep, dark, intoxicating.
  • 1996 Domaine Leroy Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Les Vignerondes - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru (8/29/2015)
    This was a very interesting bottle, that kind of appealed to the intellect more than the hedonist. I thought we might lose one diner, and he was so into this wine it almost acted as a black hole and sucked him into the glass. Would like to try it again, and I haven’t had this before.
  • 1996 Domaine Leroy Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru Les Beaux Monts - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru (8/29/2015)
    A few of us thought this lightly corked, and I couldn’t get any joy.
  • 1999 Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Romanée St. Vivant - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Romanée St. Vivant Grand Cru (8/29/2015)
    A vertical of 99,00,01,02,03. The 99 was the class of the quintet and consensus #1. While they will last forever, the 99’s are beginning to show well. The 00 was a slight surprise on the upside, and was very beguiling. The 01 under-performed. The 02 was great and consensus #2. Beautiful and balanced as always. The 03 was fine, just not memorable. Have had two 03 RSV’s this summer, and neither showed the stereo-type vintage characteristics. Rock solid burgs if not rock stars.
  • 2000 Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Romanée St. Vivant - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Romanée St. Vivant Grand Cru (8/29/2015)
    A vertical of 99,00,01,02,03. The 99 was the class of the quintet and consensus #1. While they will last forever, the 99’s are beginning to show well. The 00 was a slight surprise on the upside, and was very beguiling. The 01 under-performed. The 02 was great and consensus #2. Beautiful and balanced as always. The 03 was fine, just not memorable. Have had two 03 RSV’s this summer, and neither showed the stereo-type vintage characteristics. Rock solid burgs if not rock stars.
  • 2001 Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Romanée St. Vivant - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Romanée St. Vivant Grand Cru (8/29/2015)
  • 2002 Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Romanée St. Vivant - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Romanée St. Vivant Grand Cru (8/29/2015)
  • 2003 Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Romanée St. Vivant - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Romanée St. Vivant Grand Cru (8/29/2015)

Posted from CellarTracker

A couple of nights in Puerto Rico?

I was expecting a Hunter S Thompson novel!

Oh, well, I’ll settle for this glimpse of an alternate reality! [cheers.gif]

I had my last '82 Salon NYE’13 and I thought it ethereal. I adore that mature yeasty brioche taste.

Grotesque.

Wow, you must really hate '82 salon.

You can’t hate that '82 Salon that much flirtysmile?!?!?!

Hmmmm…Favre 5.0 Puerto Rico style!!! :slight_smile:

You have to attend though - no excuses neener!