A couple of Total Wine Bombs

I enjoy interacting with a couple staff members at my local TW. As long as I have the time I seek them out.
I don’t ask for recommendations though. I go in knowing what I want, armed with a shopping list printed off the website.
They help me find my choices and we talk about the wines they’re drinking with their $300/month wine allowance.
I suppose their upper managers would prefer they move on to helping other clueless shoppers instead of engaging in a 10+ minute conversation with one knowledgeable customer, but
Considering the $$ I spend at TW, the managers should be happy to let them dally.

Picking up on the example of 2009 Pontet Canet, I can get the '11 and '12 Pontet Canet at my local store right now for $90 and $100 respectively.
Those are below the CT average cost, and are both among the highest rated Pauillacs for that vintage.

With regard to TW and the winery direct program, they seem to have the same program for spirits. I can’t remember the term they use for it, but the same shtick every single time I’m looking at whisky:

“Have you tried this? We buy 100% of the distillery’s production and then offer it at a discount. It’s really great, and can you believe this price for an 18 year old single malt? You really ought to try it.”

Seriously…every single time.

Seriously…every single time.

It works. They are a dominate force in the Twin Cities market. It won’t be long before our muni liquor stores go out of business. In MN don’t know about other states some cities have municipal liquor stores where no private operation can exist. Total Wine has put stores in on all surrounding cities and have taken a large percent of sales as they should since municipal stores have terrible service and terrible pricing. The average Total Wine shopper in MN hardly ever leaves with a case and they do a lot of 3 to 6 bottle action. It has forced several wine shops to step up their game to compete.

My local TW had a couple 2015 cantermerle 375’s, a whole bunch of Lanessan ‘15 and substance cab ‘16. Not too shabby for me lol

[quoteMy local TW had a couple 2015 cantermerle 375’s, a whole bunch of Lanessan ‘15 and substance cab ‘16. Not too shabby for me lol][/quote]
What did you pay for the substance? I have found it as low as $11.99 without the mail in rebate.

$16.99. Cheapest I can find locally unfortunately, as Publix and ABC also have it for the same price. Coupons are clutch

I am always amazed at the great deals we get in MN on wine. If you do a little hunting you can get some great prices. My brother in Seattle can’t get substance for $11.99 and they are not shipping it to MN which adds cost.