A visit to Frog's Leap TN: 2016 Frog's Leap Cabernet Sauvignon Estate Grown Rutherford

Heart attack

I cannot imagine a better Napa Cab for under $100. Drinking another bottle right now, and ordered more from Wine.com with its 50 off 150 code, for $43 per. That is just a rock bottom stupid price on an excellent wine. So classic Rutherford with a cooler climate profile in this vintage. At 13.8 ABV!

Oh thank god. Glad you enjoyed the 2017. A crazy year, but ultimately a very satisfying wine to grow and make. Cheers!

We had such a great time during our visit last October. I highly recommend a visit for those looking forward to traveling to Napa again.
@Rory Williams- hope to see you later this year.

How’s the 2018 Cab?

Frog’s Leap club is one of the only ones I’ve held on to. They send back vintages pretty often (nothing too old but I’ve gotten some 14’s and 15’s this year), and the club pricing is good.

Corison is another one. They send nice gifts several times a year which is a nice touch… got 4 leather coasters today, and have also within the last 18? months gotten an ah so and a waiters friend corkscrew.

1 Like

The '18 is great–very generous but also very complete and already starting to flash some complexity. The wine really seems to have stitched together nicely over the last 2-3 months especially (in bottle). Fresher fruit than the '17, but a little bit denser and more open in the early going than the '16. It and the '19 will drink well for a long time.

2 Likes

Based on this thread, I grabbed the 17 cab and the 19 (I think) sav blanc to try. The sav blanc was okay, but the cab really delivered for the price point. I would be happy to see it by the glass or bottle at restaurants. I will also keep an eye open for their other wines.

I think their cab is one of the best values in Napa

Picked up some '17 at just under $40. Now that we’re just starting to get warmer weather, my extended family will be doing regular, distanced cookouts, and this is a great wine to satisfy everyone’s diverse tastes and consume in quantity. Very cool to see Rory hang out here too.