A wine night in Charlotte

Thanks Roger. 131 has been on my list. This only prioritizes it!

Btw - has that corkage guide been updated recently??

The 2016 article is the latest I found for Charlotte corkage.

James, have to agree with you regarding the Charlotte Food and Wine event, their website is totally devoid of any details of what will be offered. I used to really looked forward to attending that event. I had some great experiences taking some of the classes especially the ones taught by Catherine Rabb. The big tasting events used to be excellent with a lot of winemakers/owners pouring and fairly manageable crowds. I even volunteered and worked two separate years. Now it feels to me to be more geared toward the high dollar dinners. I also got the impression that the people pouring at the big walk around tasting were more and more from the distributor side of the house.

I quit going to the CF&W events several years ago after it was taken over by some big egos. It used to be great and the big walk around tastings were events that you did not want to miss.

131 Main didn’t disappoint. Ribs were delicious and the filet cooked perfectly. Well-made old fashioned… and of course no corkage. Will be returning soon for sure.

Charlotte Wine & Food Tickets go on sale tomorrow. FYI. If you buy tickets, please mention in the notes that GenOne sent you. GenOne is one of the local charities that benefits from these events. In general, there are restaurant/wine events on 4/23, a larger tasting with multiple food and wine vendors on 4/24, and a high end 100 point tasting on 4/25. Enjoy!