ACKER now selling counterfeit Bourbon also?

I cannot understand how anyone would even consider doing business with this place

1 Like

I cannot understand how anyone would even consider doing business with this place

Hoping that some high roller doesn’t know how they roll.

But didn’t they sell an NFT proving authenticity with this bottle!? How could it possibly be fake??

An NFT doesn’t prove authenticity; rather, it merely proves it is the unit it purports to be.

I know. I was poking a bit of fun at Acker, it’s so easy to do right now.

This has been said before, but their reputation and past conduct makes it strange that people would still trust them; they still do auctions and sell high-priced wine and other liquor.

Why do people still do business with these people.

They are born every day.

LOL, these threads keep getting moved to beer & spirits and people keep posting new ones in Wine Talk. Acker deserves no less.

Todd, maybe we need a sticky that directs people to post threads about Acker’s fraud in the appropriate forum?

Hmmm, I did mention “wine” but the thread still got moved–to a place probably not a ton of people look at. Strange.

Is Acker an advertiser on this site?

Todd has already commented on the reasons in this merged thread, and you can be sure nobody is doing this to protect Acker. Your post is about bourbon, that’s all.

I don’t understand why people just don’t click “Active Topics”
You’ll never miss anything.
DE5DB24C-E957-47A9-B40E-23BC994CC3BB.jpeg

Well, most of us need some direction.

Thank you, Brian. [cheers.gif]

One of the things that I REALLY do not understand is that people in the industry who are selling wines at auction, like Martine Saunier and many Bordeaux and Burgundy producers, have dealt with Acker and pretended as though they don’t know any better.

Mr. Kapon is obviously offering a big chunk of the buyer’s premium as an incentive to deal with Acker, and the industry people who clearly know what they are dealing with are pretending that they don’t and taking the money.