Ad Hoc Los Angeles Offline - Monday March 2, 7pm

Hey, cut them some slack. A few years back the Trade Commission guys didn’t get the INVITATIONS to a big event out till the day of the event…

But, as I used to say when dealing with WineBow, “clusterfuckiamo!”…

Call Lisa braugh. Talk around the table last night was that dinner got moved. Just trying to help ya turds.

What a clusterf*ck this Tre Bicchieri is…

Sarah Warner just called me - the truck carrying the wine is not even THERE yet! The tasting is supposed to start at 2pm for Trade members, but now it’s moved to ‘everybody at 5:30 IF the wine shows up’.

I’m gonna go full Italian (worse than full retard) and risk it - go up there and hope there is some delicious travel-shocked wine. Plus, I have a swap to make with Yoni, and an Offline to go to, so at least I have 2 of 3 assurances…

Let’s call it still on for the restaurant - Gregg and I might be going without tastings at Tre Bicchieri, though…

We are sending over bottles to Sofia Pepe as I type this. BUT, another typical GR organizational triumph.

Doh. Leve posted on Parker about that. Sarah confirmed he is in attendance Frenchie. Why don’t you strike up a conversation? [diablo.gif]

I am in the same boat…I received an e-mail from Slow Food saying I was getting tickets but nothing yet.
I had written it off. If by some miracle, [beg.gif] the tix show in today’s mail, then we will drive up.

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

Well, Marshall, it appears to be starting at 5:30 now, IF the wine arrives…

So who’s all coming to this off-line?

If I’m going to “Man Up” and fight of this cold to attend, I want to know who else will be there?

Believe it or not, my tickets from Slow Food actually did arrive in today’s mail.
What a fiasco this turned into…I feel sorry for the producers but even if they do a “trade tasting”,
I cannot imagine that the wines will show well. [blackeye.gif]

Marshall [cheers.gif]

It happened, and I was there.

That’s all I have for now, as I"m too tired, and need to sleep…

Pics and stories to come, I promise!

Ad Hoc is what ended up describing Tre Bicchieri - the trucks not showing up until about 7 pm threw a wrench in the plans, Wally’s refunded all their ticketholders, and the place was rather empty - particularly when the wine DID arrive (to much applause) and all the pourers who were hanging out drinking other wines had to go to their stations.

We met at Fritto Misto afterwards for what I do believe is the FIRST official Berserkers dinner, thank you very much. [whistle2.gif]

In attendance: Gregg Greenbaum, Yoni Ovadia, Sarah Warner, Bruce Liesowitz, John and Mary Gonzalez, Lisa Lovullo, and yours truly. The dinner was very inexpensive, and quite good - I should know, as I polished off my own near-family-style plate of pasta, some of Sarah’s, and some of Yoni’s. I have to keep my fighting weight, you know…

Wines for the evening are as follows, with stars by those that I felt were standouts:

1997 Flora Springs Wild Boar Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
2001 Castiglion del Bosco Brunello di Montalcino *
2001 Marchesato degli Aleramici Brunello di Montalcino
2006 Estacas
2007 Domane Wachau Gruner Veltliner *
2007 Jaun de Alzate Rioja Blanco *
2005 Balia a Coltibuono Chianti Classico

Now for some pics!

You can see in this picture the remnants of Lisa’s ‘small salad’ - a salad that literally fed 4 people, with leftovers…

Gregg (I have to make him laugh to get him to smile for a pic) Greenbaum and Yoni (Iknowright?) Ovadia hamming it up:

The whole group, in all its glory. (It appears Mary is ready to bail on us, handbag in hand…)

A good time was had by all. I have to agree with you on the 2001 Castiglion del Bosco Brunello di Montalcino, that was wonderful. 'twas great to meet everyone last night at the first official Berserkers Wine Dinner.

Jesus Todd, did I say Iknowright? a lot last night? I say that a lot and my friends kill me for it. Ah well, it was fun and thanks for the trade. youknowright?

You did, Yoni! It was no biggie - we have to give a wide latitude for those who were born in 1978, and just got their drivers licenses and the ability to vote. Iknowright?

Glad you guys made the most of a difficult situation!!

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

Next time, man up and SHOW UP!