Adam Sabelli-Frisch in the SF Chronicle

Congrats Adam!!!

As there isn’t a “Flame Tokay Appreciation” thread…

Hathi Trust
The Delta Lands of California: The Environs of Lodi, Woodbridge, Acampo and Lockeford, Their Resources, Climate, Advantages and Opportunities; Facts for the Homeseeker, Farmer, Vineyardist, Orchardist or Investor
by A.A. Martin
Lodi Realty Co. (1904)

“The Royal Flame Tokay Grape”

*** EDIT ***

I stumbled upon this excerpt from an old book on the history of San Joaquin County.

Is it possible that the “Blodgett Vineyard” - source of Sabelli-Frisch’s Flame Tokay grapes - shares a connection with Mr John Blodgett?

Golden Nugget Library website
“San Joaquin County Biographies”:
“John M Blodgett, DDS”

“…On May 29, 1892, [Blodgett] located in Lodi and purchased the only dental office then in this city, and he has continued in the practice of his profession here ever since, a period of more than thirty-one years. Although he is a very busy man in his profession, Dr. Blodgett finds time to engage in viticulture, in which he is intensely interested. In partnership with Charles M. Ferdum he owns the ‘Ferdum and Blodgett Vineyard’ of thirty acres near Lodi.”

Source: History of San Joaquin County, California, p 698-701
by George H. Tinkham
Historic Record Co, Los Angeles (1923)
Transcribed by Gerald Iaquinta

1 Like

Congratulations Adam! Not only am I too a real fan of your Mission, I shared it with a big Zin loving friend of mine and had the pleasure of watching “the lightbulb” go on. He actually liked it more than the Gordon W, which really surprised me. Hopefully, he will check out your new Zin. Keep doing your magic.

Edit: He already ordered three bottles! [cheers.gif]

1 Like

Thanks Chris!