Aged Chartreuse

Thanks Mark,

I’ll give them a try in a couple of months when I’m next in Paris.

regards
Jeremy

We went there a few weeks ago (Saturday lunch) and the sausage is unreal! Agreed on everything Mark said :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy Chartreuse Day!

1 Like

Joy and rapture, Chartreuse is opening a shop in Paris at Odeon, nearby the (historic) Paris monastery of the Carthusian monks. Hopefully by year-end.

Love the green lighting. Was there yellow lighting as well?

3 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

No yellow lighting, but my favorite of the day was the 2023 version of the Cuvee des Sommeliers Meilleurs Ouvriers de France, which is a blended yellow. I usually don’t love yellow young, but this was less sweet, and balanced. And delicious.

3 Likes

I just opened a bottle of VEP Verte and it’s corked! No kidding. I’ve never heard of that happening with liqueur. I think I’ll give this it’s own thread.

That sucks Warren. IIRC people here have commented on corked/TCA ridden carrots, gin, and wood pallets.

And as it so happens, we were just sharing a small glass of Green Chartreuse, from a silver capsule bottle opened “who knows when?” Maybe 30 years ago? So complex.

1 Like

It isn’t super common but can happen with high proof whisky also! If they use real cork, it’s possible. (edit to note that it’s also possible with any type of enclosure)

Laying higher proof bottles down for storage is probably the more common reason for problems with liquor/liqueur.

sucks. I once had a corked bottle of water–at Flagstaff House in Boulder. The 83 Sauzet Combettes fortunately wasn’t.

Hi Mark, do you know when the 2024 FDC is taking place ?

Hi Yassine, I don’t know. Chartreuse recently opened a shop in Odeon (128 Boulevard Saint-Germain) and from what I recall from Chartreuse Day in October, it may be held this year at or near the shop rather than Bossetti. But my memory is hazy due to the quantities of Chartreuse I enjoyed during the day. You might want to ask the shop, tel. +33 (0)1 47 34 22 41

Amazing, thanks Mark