Alban Winter Release

Just got the offer.

Is anyone else still waiting for email and pin? Got snail mail offer yesterday.

I just got a the letter today. The e-mail came on the 19th. I’m surprised because I haven’t bought for a couple of years. I was offered Reva and a bit Pandora and Rousanne. The Ginyard is mentioned in the letter. He calls it a botanical brandy. It says it is included in the offer (@$39), but there’s no place to order it on my form or the website. I
would try it, but I guess I’m not included.

Does anyone know scores? I know JD really likes the 14.

Jeb likes the '16s, too :slight_smile:

Got 12-3-2 on the offer. The Reva is the JD standout with the Fall tasting (10/31) 97-100.
He also stated he thought the Roussanne was the finest vintage yet of that cuvée.
He thought the Pandora superior to the (earlier) Grenache but still that price point I have to wonder if the flame is worth the candle.

Problem is, based on my multi year and unrequited “patience” with SQN I just got sucked into a KL auction and went 3 each on the ‘15 “E” and “M” from Eleven Confessions
That 6 pack could have bought this whole allocation of Alban and paid their onerous S&H fees…

Alas, so many wines, never enough dimes

I figured out the Ginyard. It is a separate offer because it’s brandy. They are limited as to where they can ship it. I can’t get it unless I go through an intermediary. I would like to try it, but too much hassle.

Prior to the close of the window the Reva Sold Out
And the 97-100 barrel ended up only 99pts/ JD !

I picked up 3 bottles of the Reva in the offer yesterday afternoon. When I logged back in shortly after it said sold out. Might have got the last 3!

point chasers LOL

bummer for regular Albanistas

I got the reminder email so I signed in…sold out.

Interesting… I got a case of Reva and the shipping to Ohio was $64. A case of SQN shipped to Ohio is $180.

Re: $64 vs $180

Must be Manfred uses heavier bottles…or, more likely, has another heavy profit center ?

5 years on the list and this year was 3 Grenache and a couple Viognier (The grenache was good, IMO not a $115 bottle of wine)
Recent offering was 12 Reva only.
No complaints from my end but I don’t understand their allocation logic.

Second year on the list and I was only allocated the Reva this time. Glad I got my order in before they sold out. I was hoping to get some Seymour or Lorraine, maybe next time.

no logic to understand [truce.gif]

I bought 12 of the 2014, and have some 12’s, 13’s and 15’s so my Reva stock is doing well. A few '13 pandoras as well.
I’ve read on this forum that the higher end Syrah’s are very similar to Reva so I probably wouldn’t have purchased those, but missed the boat on the estate viognier I was hoping for. Maybe next year.

They did offer me some Lorraine last year and I bought a couple bottles, but it was not with the regular allocation. This was an after the fact offer once they went through all phases of the list.

Those are in my offsite locker to keep away from myself. Hope to give them 10-15 years before giving them a try.

Yep! Same with the Pandora. It was after the release was over and I was surprised at that offer. I’ve also have offline storage. I’d have a lot less wine if I didn’t [snort.gif]

I think Reva is in the sweet spot -best QPR of Alban reds. Seymours and Loraine are great, but not worth the premium price. I like the Grenache. Pandora is also very good, but not sure it is worth the premium. You can usually find Patrina at retail, same with the Viognier.

Dragged my feet for too long. Reva sold out. Picked up some Pandora and Forsythe (mourvedre).