Allen Meadows, Burghound.

Who is doing that in this thread, and in which post?

I would certainly be interested in hearing Allen’s response to Maureen’s challenge that the last time she checked, Allen was still doing events with Acker. He may have stopped already, or have reasons for continuing. Such a response would be interesting to hear.

Especially if her statements are based on any documentary evidence or sworn testimony, such as that lodged publicly in court. That seems her well-tested method of investigation.

October 13 2014:
BURGHOUND IN THE CITY Rousseau Chambertin & Clos de Beze Dinner with Allen Meadows

October 12, 2015:
Burghound in the City The Pearl of the Côte – The Great Wines of Vosne-Romanée hosted by Allen Meadows

October 10, 2016:
BURGHOUND in the City – Iconic Red Burgundy Dinner with Allen Meadows at Eleven Madison Park

Where can I sign up for the next event? [wow.gif]

Sorry Victor, I was shooting from the hip, I just took the time to read all posts and associated threads.
I agree it would be nice to get a few answers

[cheers.gif]

On this note of civility, I openly invite Allen Meadows to reply, especially where information is not factual or complete.

+1

David - Plenty of us knew exactly what was going on in 2001, 2002, 2003…
It is patently untrue that people did not know. You, sir, have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

I know people knew, because I knew, and I was talking to all these colleagues in the auction world in NYC (not a big group of us back then!) who knew, and we all shared the same opinions and were baffled as to why the guy was still in business. When we started Zachys in 2002, we were stunned that Kapon was still in business! 2002!! One of John’s own employees, Justin Christophe, coined the nickname “The Teflon John” for Kapon as nothing would stick to the guy. Not fake underbids & cooking his auction books to defraud buyers, not blatant chandelier bidding, not stealing consignors wines and not paying for them (for which he was sued and had to leave California, but the terms of that lawsuit are confidential - so he beat that one) not wantonly selling wines that even the sole-importer & producer had said were counterfeit…

It was public knowledge within the auction industry by the Amazing Grace consignment on April of 2005 that Rudy was peddling counterfeits through Acker, and that Acker would “sell anything” as the email stated in the Greenberg trial. Did you not see that even Rudy was communicating to John that the point was to target “people with money who don’t know Acker.”? Why do you suppose that was???

Look - I was there. I don’t really care what you think. If I cared, I would not have survived for a decade with almost no one believing me about the counterfeits that Greenberg and Rudy were selling. I started working with Koch’s team and the FBI on this in 2008. (And Don Cornwell was working with FBI even before me!) I have fended off nuisance lawsuits, physical and verbal assaults and am still going strong. So what you refuse to believe is irrelevant. The fact is, the outcome from various court trials and settlements have vindicated me, and those with whom I work. So all you apologists and deniers have no leg to stand on in my world. I shared a personal story, which occurred, as well as documents on the other thread.

Apologists will always be apologists, and fraud will always be perpetrated as a result.

1 Like

…and that is why I am back to doing this, to pay my outrageous rent.

I am not sure knowing quite as early as 2002, but not long after, having a very animated discussion over dinner about how to recognize a Rudy faked Leroy wax capsule.

When you walk into a Manhattan retail store selling lottery tickets and vodka mini-bottles in the front, but is literally littered with so-called 1929 Lafleur and Petrus magnums on the back floor, you know that something is inconsistent.

? The first part of that does not remotely describe Acker’s store.

he is talking Royal Wine.

Right

Victor has NEVER worked in his life slinging noodles. I bet he has never done any manual labor. He openly attacks people that have children and own homes and cars.

He trolls people here better than Serge.

I’m sure what you say is true Maureen, but you have a style of communication that I really struggle with.

Maybe (probably) it’s just me but a little more humility would be attractive. Being a good winner is important.

My post was not that people including yourself didn’t know what was going on. It seems that you and the group you mention did. My post was that bringing Allen meadows into this without fact is an unethical thing to do.

Since my post someone is showing that burghound still does events with Acker which is nice secondary information but it is still not of importance. It seems the assumption is acker pays off burghound to make high scores on fake wine and to me it isn’t rational as burghound isn’t going to give up his career. But again moreover just as no one else would want done to them what has been to burghound here I think it is unethical to try to disparage a person where there aren’t facts.

Will people stop buying Roulot, Dujac and Comte Liger Belair since they deal with AMC ?