Alsatian Pinot Noir Recommendation ?

Can’t disagree here. I was there in December and they were selling in 375s for something like 20 euros if I remember correctly. I only bought one due to space but just wish I’d bought more!

Tried the 2018 Schlumberger Princes Abbes recently and it is dynamite, best vintage I can recall tasting from them.

Disclaimer: some of the people I work for at present have a financial interest in the winery.

The Agathe Bursin Strangenberg PNs are delicious.

Haven’t had the 2018 but those vintages of Les Princes Abbés I’ve tasted I count among some of the best Alsatian Pinot Noirs. I’m not a big fan of Alsatian Pinot Noir, but that one is indeed among the most reliably terrific purchases.

Another vote for Zusslin. Very charming indeed.

Oops my bad

I miread the post this morning. I meant to say 2018 Pinot Blanc Princes Abbes. I haven’t seen the 2018 Pinot Noir out yet.

1 Like

Just to cycle back around I did try 2 of the pinot noir offerings from Agathe Bursin and found them to be absolutely delicious. Right balance of fruit, acidity, and finish. My spouse blogged about the Bursin wines we had this past year … EnoViti: Search results for bursin .

So far, my favorites have been the Z-H PN Heimbourg and the Deiss Burlenberg, although the latter is technically a field blend with small amounts of other Pinot varieties (Gris, Meunier, Beurot [which Jean-Michel Deiss considers to be a different variety from Pinot Gris).

Well, here’s at least one good thing to happen in 2020: I not only got my hands on the Hugel Pinot Noir but also the aforementioned Zind-Humbrecht Heimbourg and the Barmes-Buecher Vieille Vignes.

20201201_233253.jpg

Tran, please let us know your thoughts when you try them.

I will be trying a 2016 Trimbach PN Reserve from a 375ml fairly soon. Will update you all when I do so.