American Truffle farming.

Just got an email letting me know my Burwell Farms order is on the way.

Same. Looking forward to seeing if this can be a reasonable replacement for the Italian stuff.

whereā€™s the signup link, am i missing it?

1 Like

What are you planning to make with them?

Same here ā€“ and would also love some recipe ideas. I may start with just simple buttered pasta. But I need to get a truffle knife nowā€¦

When you go to the link a partial screen should come up that wants your email.

So excited to give these a try and to hear others results as well, Should be fun!

Truffles en routeā€¦ Definitely need some recipe recs

Canā€™t wait! I think today is the day.

Day one: into a sealed container, sitting on unscented paper towels, in with some hard boiled eggs and uncooked eggs to see how the truffle flavor gets picked up. (This is from their website.)

Then, this weekend on some buttered pasta and also some saffron rice/risotto.

First picture winsā€¦fed ex en route!
4BCBF90C-8009-4500-9316-65B51B6919A0.jpeg
Doesnā€™t count because I couldnā€™t open!

1 Like

Arrived
ACA41DBB-7ACA-44A2-A675-708C97D11C90.jpeg

I hope that you will post tasting notes and opine on relative quality/value.

Iā€™m a relative newbie with truffles. I will say that opening the package was like someone shoving a truffle up my nose.

Are the bianchetto truffles really better than good black Perigord truffles? I am seeing $50/oz on those vs. $75 for bianchetto.

These were 50/oz if you pre-ordered.
seems like we should have several TN soon!

I shaved some on our fettuccine alfredo tonight. My wife was very happy. Scrambled eggs coming up for breakfast. Going have some on Ooni pizza on Friday and that ought to do it.

Unfortunately a terrible month for delivery. DryJanuary and diet month. So no shaving on pasta of any kind. Gonna shave over eggs and maybe chicken breastā€¦

Ordered
So curious as to how these will compare to Italian truffles.

Had this morning over eggs. Iā€™d say it looks close. The smell is different. Less of that earthy umami smell, and more of something Iā€™m unfortunately going to describe as slightly medicinal. Not unpleasant, actually pleasant, but not the same. Going to go for round 2 on Friday morning, see if things change,.,.

I think Iā€™d need to try them side by side. How much would an equivalent sized Italian truffle cost?