An epic, once in a lifetime champagne event featuring tete du cuvees from some of the top houses and vintages including Krug, Cristal, Dom Perignon, Salon and Taittinger

Very nice tasting! Looks like the 2002 DP P2 was not only the overall winner but quite a QPR.

quite a night when 96 Salon doesn’t even place in top 3.

3 Likes

If we had one more day, it might have.

this is pretty insane and thanks for taking the time to write it all out for us.

2002 DP original in magnum ready to go you think?

1 Like

So, so nice!

1 Like

Not sure. My best guess is to wait for a few years. I was surprised the 750 was so giving now.

1 Like

I’m not even a hardcore bubble head that write up had me wishing I was there. Just amazing!

2 Likes

Bravo.

Nice tasting and interesting result; I would have bet money on one of the 96s; 96 cdm is one of my fav champs period.

Me too on all points

That is an epic champagne experience, thanks for sharing and giving us a as good as possible insight to the event! :clinking_glasses::champagne:

1 Like

This looks pretty legit… I need to find a way to do this here in Chicago with a group

3 Likes

Thanks for your first ever post on WB. I wish you success in creating something similar to this event.

We were blessed to not only have a stellar lineup, but most showing magnificently.

Cheers

1 Like

Amazing notes as always, Blake. Your story about Archie and the 96 Salon is so beautiful. I have a lightly parallel story about a generous friend of mine (now gone also, but his paintings are in most of the rooms I spend time in to remind me of him) who let me buy four 1986 Lafites for C$250 each about 10 years ago. I resolved to use all the bottles in ways that he would like, and I have—each use has been important and memorable.

very interesting to read the “journey” the 07 CdG went on for you. A pleasure to read all this, and I see some familiar felons in the photographs :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Mike,

Love the remembrances stories wrapped around wine.

The familiar felons had a good evening from a get out of jail card and the obligatory champagne celebration.

All the best