An issue of principle among friends..? (poll!)

Friend B should spring for some Sushi and a magnum of 2007 Chateauneuf-du-Pape for everyone involved in this sordid tale.

[winner.gif] [winner.gif]

B, C, D, E, F and G should come up with the $50 and give it to Charlie as lawyer fee :wink:

But that, he can deposit via his iPhone.

Crap! Alans answer took longer to read then the op and click on my answer. [cheers.gif]

i win either way

Bruce,
Are you crazy! The whole point of the Internet is to tell people what they’re arguing about is stupid!

This is nuts. When I first saw the poll, I thought something was resold at a discount, but the friend said he was giving it as a gift, so why does A care if some others went in on it? Stupid. Forget about it.

Yeah, but the actual number matters. At $500, that’s too much for the beneficiaries to expect from A. At $50, it’s stupid for A to get upset over and for you to post and waste umpteen people’s time with it on the Internet :stuck_out_tongue:

So Charlie, I’m guessing you’re one of those folks who has to be “right”, eh? :slight_smile:

has nothing to do with me. I don’t care how it comes out. These guys like to just have long discussions and no side ever agrees on anything. You should have been there this week when I was sitting on my sofa playing Candy Crush and listening to A & B argue over B’s logic for not finding the right girlfriend. [snort.gif]

Looks like a “deal is a deal” wins. I still think too many people got hung up on the $50 issue. I wonder how the vote would have been if I put the money owed was $500. shrug. oh well. They can argue about this in two days [snort.gif]

Sounds like Friend B still wants to buy the cabinet from Friend A at the agreed price, he just happens to be splitting the cost with some other friends (who unluckily don’t have their own Letter Designations). It shouldn’t matter to Friend A, but if he wants, he could always just list it for $400 on Craig’s List.

presuming you wanted a representative sample of what people actually would have thought about the situation. despite your insistence, the amount of cash at play does matter here.

Exactly. The nominal amount of the discount is important. If you basically accept a small discount (gift) from a friend no harm done. If that discount is enough to “leave a mark” then it is a different dynamic involved.

Getting angry over this is silly. My vote on the poll would change depending on perspective. A should offer to honor the deal. B should offer to pony up.

After both sides should offer to concede, the argument should be over who is more conciliatory.

It’s pretty clear to me that Charlie is “A.” [stirthepothal.gif]

I’m betting A is a bachelor

Tell A to make a big scratch or dent in it to bring it in line with the sale price. That’ll show 'em. You could also…Damn, I picked at a hangnail, and now it’s bleeding. Gotta go.

I thout the title of the post stated it very well. “An issue of principle” not “An issue of money”. You guys are way too hung up on money. MMMV.

If I were B and knew friend A felt shortchanged I’d make him whole at his purchase price. If I were A, I’d let it go at the price I gave. Not a big deal.