Andersons Conn Valley Vineyards Cabernet

I’ve always enjoyed the Eloge but I think last bottle I had was 97. Haven’t tried it since. Anyone try recent release of the Eloge. I thought I saw it up on WTSO or LB last week?

I had the ‘05 Eloge in October and thought it had lost a step from its peak. Opened the ‘07 around the holidays and liked it, but think it’s 2-3 years from peak. Haven’t had younger vintages yet, but have a few in the cellar.

Hmmmmmmm

Maybe the Cellartracker comments are because it needs more time.
I had the 12 Reserve and it was great.

Karl, there are many people who enjoy younger wines for their strength and older wines for their depth. You can do both. I used to buy 6 bottles of a specific wine. Open one immediately, give it some air time and note what the wine delivered. I’d open the next one a year later unless I liked the first bottle’s characteristics so much I drank through them. Otherwise I would space them out over 5 to 10 years. After a while I noticed my tastes in wine changed as did my ability to taste the wine. I’ve drunk wine too soon and opened bottles too late. So enjoy the ride.

If you can schedule a tasting at ACV when Todd is there, bonus. He is passionate about wine and fun to be around. Be warned though, he may suck you in and give you a taste or two of his Ghost Horse. Next thing you know you’re offering up your wife and kids on Ebay to pay for your allocation of Ghost Horse. (It’s worth it)

Thanks Randy
I am sure that i will be a long term fan of ACV.
I was a bit concerned because folks had the 13 earlier in the year and loved it and their recent acquisitions were markedly inferior to what they had experienced earlier.
That made me curious and thus looking for comments if anyone found the same.

That these problems came from wine recently purchased on the online threads we know and Love, I might add, made me ask the question.

I do not think I would worry about the ‘13, or any of the other vintages with the possible exception of the relatively higher alcohol ‘14 (16+% for the cabernet). I have had all of the recent vintages upon receipt and really liked them a lot. Have sample a couple maybe ayear or so after release and they close down. My experience is to give these wines time. . Beautiful after 7-10years. The ‘15 should be released in March, and I will be a buyer.

Jim
I have every intention of giving this time as the 12 I had stated (posted in this thread i started about ACVV) was great but made me wonder what a few more years would do.
I am a fan solely on that experience and have 3 of the 13’s, one 12 Right Bank, and a half dozen of the new cabernets they just released on the way.
Was just curious if something maybe happened to a recent batch that was sold by online vendors.

Cheers!