Andremily #4

What is the pricing this year? Thx.

Same. $279/3-pack.

I have only had the syrah. How is the mourvedre?

I’m confused… I had no mag wish list option and this is my 3rd vintage, others have a mag wish list option on their first release? Happy to have access to great juice…but seems off putting…

Why don’t you just send them an email?

you’re joking right? why be direct when you can complain about it here? :wink:

Mag or no mag I just wish I had an allocation. lol

If anyone here is interested, I’ve got some #3 that I may be willing to part with, just PM me.

Also, anyone have any thoughts on the mouvedre?

Rob,

Was killer out of the barrel. Going to be opening of an Andremily and Dirty & Rowdy next to each other–same vintage/vineyard. Both different and appealing wines in their own right, but an interesting comparison study.

When are you in town?

Does anyone know what rating Jeb gave the #4?

“The 2014 Andremily No 3(100 points) is unquestionably one of the great California Syrahs, and while I think the 2015 are a small step back, it’s not by much. If you get a chance, don’t miss these wines! (JebDunnuck.com)” Don’t know the score. WA gave it a 97.

What vineyard or area is the Andremily Mourvedre from, and what are the appropriate prices for their wines?

"

Alta Mesa Vineyard

Alta Mesa Vineyard, established in 2000, is located in the Cuyama Valley of Santa Barbara County. Alta Mesa sits perched above Santa Barbara Highlands Vineyard at 3200 feet in elevation. This vineyard easily has the most extreme climate of all the sites with which we work. It can on occasion reach triple digits in the peak summer afternoons. We feel this is the perfect climate for the Mourvedre we source there. The soils consist of decomposed granite and clay loam. There are large rocks of schist, quartzite, basalt, and gneiss throughout the Alta Mesa Vineyard.

…offering from Andremily is the 2015 Andremily Mourvedre. The response to the 2014 Mourvedre was simply amazing. We were thrilled to find so may likeminded wine lovers out there. We enjoyed the many kind notes, and enthusiastic posts regarding our first offering of Mourvedre. This second release shares many similarities to its older sibling, with just a few refinements on the road to total enjoyment. The 2015 Andremily Mourvedre is a blend comprised of 92% Mourvedre, 5% Syrah, and 3% Viognier. It was raised in 100% French Barrique of which 50% were new. The final cuvee’ was 70% whole-cluster fermented, and bottled without finning or filtration. The 2015 Andremily Mourvedre is a full-bodied, concentrated, and rich cuvee’ that explodes from the glass with scents of espresso, roasted meats, blackberries, and plum, with a firm backbone and lingering finish. Our enthusiasm for Mourvedre is certainly not a secret, but that enthusiasm is not shared by all. We firmly believe that after trying this wine, there will be many converts. Our only regret with this wine is that production is again very small. Please accept our apologies if we cannot get you as much as you would like, or any for that matter this time around. As always, it is our goal to share our wine with as many people as possible, but with such a limited production, it is simple not possible.

$93 each for #4 and the Mourvedre.

Thanks for the info, S. Stevenson!!!

Interesting - by far the most expensive domestic Mourvedre, right?

Alban Mason is the only one that comes to mind.

Saxum has some Mourvèdre heavy blends, but nothing more than 50/50.

SQN Chimere, but that’s French :slight_smile:

all in

Any wishlist grants yet?

Had most of my WL filled yesterday afternoon

No soup for me I guess [swearing.gif]