Another Shitty '07 Oregon Pinot Noir

[welldone.gif]

What was wierd to me was I felt like I was drinking, oh I donā€™t know, a 2008 Ayres rather than an '07 BP Murto.

Steve is apparently into infantcied drinking the 08 Murto! [snort.gif] But I doubt that it will take more than three years for the 08 to blow away the 07. [cheers.gif]

Yes Gordon ā€“ killing the youngā€™uns is good sport.

What are you babbling about? Six months ago youā€™d never even heard of Belle Pente.

Bummer.

1 Like

Glad you liked them Glenn!

David [drinkers.gif]

HAHAHAHAHAHHA!!11111!!! I GET IT!!!11!!! FUNNY FUNNY!!1!!! You actually LIKE Oregon wines but you say they are shitty!!1!!! HAHAHAHAHAH!!11!

Bob Wood = Funny!!!111!!!

That kind of clever is right up there with ā€œTale of two _____ā€ thread titles and ā€œBest.____. Ever.ā€ and ā€œ+1000ā€ posts. Congratulations ā€“ you are as clever as a twelve year old. Donā€™t worry though, I wonā€™t go after your beloved precious. (personal attack edited out)

Hey Richard. Good to read your postsā€¦just happen to be sipping on an 08 Westrey AR as I write thisā€¦quite nice with very nice red fruits and earth notes on the nose ā€¦great acidity ( which I know is up your alley) that will go great with Dianeā€™s cedar plank salmon with maple ginger glaze that she is plating nowā€¦

WTF [scratch.gif]

Sarcasm? Irony?

Rick,

Having a little 03 Drystone Central Otago PN tonight. It definitely doesnā€™t remind me of Cali or OR Pinot. [wink.gif]

Not to worry Rob. Mr. Woodā€™s humor tends to be overly acidic and bright when you first experience it, but with patience and time it puts on weight and richness so that even you will be able to appreciate it.

[whistle.gif]

Roger, I see that youā€™re, as Mr. Wood might say,ā€¦living shitty again! [cheers.gif]

Back up in OR yet?

RT

1 Like

This thread prompted me to take a crack at an Adelsheim '07 Elizabethā€™s Reserve. I only have a handful of 2007 OR Pinot and actually canā€™t recall having oneā€¦soā€¦
ā€¦ elegant wine, sweet strawberry fruits predominate, smooth from start to itā€™s moderate finish. nothing overly complex but certainly a very nice drinkā€¦ but wait, no it canā€™t beā€¦the alcohol is only 12.9ā€¦damn, itā€™s a crappy wine after allā€¦

This thread is just screaming for Chris Grimm to chime in. I wonder where he is.

I may have to pop a bottle of '07 Doggy Style pinot over the weekend just for the hell of it.

Our just bottled 2010 Sauvignon Blanc barely scratches 12.5% ABV. Total fail.

Pfft. Most cali beer is that high. You & Patty are wimps.

The sauvignon blanc has historically been pretty shitty, too. [berserker.gif]

Yes, Richardā€¦weā€™ll be in OR for another 6 weeks and hope to do some serious tasting, looking for particularly ā€˜shittyā€™ wines.