Anova chamber vacuum sealer

From videos posted by users online, it doesn’t appear to pull as strong a vacuum as my VacMaster, although the level of vacuum in these things is determined by how long they run. In the Anova the “strong” setting (it doesn’t appear you can fine-tune the time) runs for long enough to get some sparkling wine-like bubbles, but not actually boil the liquid (which my VM easily does). However, that makes it less likely that splashing will occur when using an open container, which is good.

Well? we’re waiting.

Very interested. This board has cost me a ton of money over the years! champagne.gif

Major snafus with shipping company, but Finally on the counter.

I’m not sure I can give a great review as I have no experience with anything this heavy duty, just bad experiences with Food Savers is what prompted us to buy. I will try to give it a spin asap though.

Side note: Counter space just went over the edge but my wife wants to keep that Ice Cream maker on top [head-bang.gif] it’s a nice looking ice cream maker but I don’t get much ice cream out of it somehow [rofl.gif]
58994C90-BAAA-4671-B3C9-BBFAE8092AB7.jpeg

Sealed a bunch of things and infused some fruit as well over the weekend. I can say that it’s a million times better than a fidgety food saver which I have often not even bothered with because I’m afraid of the hassle. Maybe it’s just user error but sometimes mine works and sometimes it just won’t pull the air.

That’s not the case here as The strong setting especially makes a tightness that seems professional grade. Easy too, never had to rebag or try to seal something twice!

It is sort or loud and vibrating but I can’t see that being a deal breaker here at all.

Anova is having a Father’s Day sale now.

20% off, new toy ordered.

1 Like

For the oven, you can stack the 10% off and the 20% off, so it costs $432 with free shipping.

It says the coupon does not work for the oven.

It worked for someone on my combi oven subred (they posted a pic):

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombiSteamOvenCooking/comments/v5bfzf/anova_is_having_a_sale_for_apo_10_off_plus_and/

Actually someone just posted this:

“Just an FYI, there’s an * now saying the Anova Precision Oven is excluded, but the discount still shows in cart. Better jump on it before they fix their web code.”

YMMV lol champagne.gif

Order in for the chamber.

I got the discount, hope you’ve gotten it too. I ordered Monday night at 8:30 and received it this morning, but I live 3 hours from the distribution center.

I have the chamber as my old food saver sealer was dying, probably because I sucked too much liquid in to it, hence the reason for the chamber. It works well. The footprint is smaller than I expected. It seems to pull a stronger vacuum on meats etc. The ability to easily seal liquids is great. Haven’t used any of the other techniques like infusions yet. Happy with the purchase. Have the steam oven also which is really a great product. Solid company.

George

looks like they fixed the code on the oven.

9EC2572B-A69A-4370-974F-4487DC1A990F.jpeg
Watermelon before and after

Just for consideration here is a very cost effective bag

It’s been sitting on my shelf for a few weeks haven’t gotten to test it yet.

FYI Anova is running a sale and the oven is 25% off with code SUMMERSALE.
Just bought it.

2 Likes

Updates?
My FoodSaver at our place in FL no longer sux.