Antonio Galloni launches preview scoring.

How about these. For a start.

https://a-matter-of-taste.com/

im surprised by this. it seems fairly off brand for Galloni to me.

1 Like

Well when one business finds another businessā€™ ā€œproductā€ likely to cause a ā€œriseā€ in their profitā€¦

they send an email letting them know that itā€™s possible on a ā€œdateā€ in the future there could be a chance for both of them to increase the chance for success during ā€œpeakā€ sales times of the year.

1 Like

A very good point.

The publicationsā€™ events businesses are dependent on producers participating and contributing wine.

1 Like

Right. Iā€™m not sure this makes any difference from a consumer perspective. The ship has long since sailed on independence.

7 Likes

Indeed, Iā€™ve never in my life flipped a bottle for profit but tell me 2 dayā€™s in advance what wines are 100 pointers well show me the money!

1 Like
1 Like

The lack of communication from Vinous is almost comical. Brings back memories!

Greatly anticipating the 1986 CA white zin retrospective. Got a cellar full approaching maturity that I can turn into cash. Liquid gold.

This is so disappointing to read. Recently Antonio joined us here on a 2017 Barolo thread defending himself. Letā€™s see. Iā€™ll reserve judgement until then.

1 Like

It was just posted today, Iā€™d give some time. Iā€™m guessing the investors put some pressure on for additional revenue streams, who knows

To be balanced, this has only been posted on here for a few hours and itā€™s not like Vinous folks are monitoring this site 24/7. Hopefully Antonio, or someone else from Vinous, comes on here to comment

When do we bring out the pitchforks? I hope itā€™s soon. I just got a new pitchfork.

4 Likes

This really doesnā€™t seem like something he would willingly do, but he has bills to pay like all of us. Not saying itā€™s okay.

Good question. Iā€™d say after a reasonable amount of time has passed, which is pretty vague and I myself donā€™t really have a clear answer as to what constitutes that unfortunately. Though I do have some nice shiny torches at the ready to go with your new pitchfork when the time comes [stirthepothal.gif]

1 Like

And what do you burn, apart from witches?

More witches! - Wood!

2 Likes

Vinous should be clamoring for a Diamond Tier subscription to further accent this business model: 72 hour advance info for $3,000/month! [snort.gif]

1 Like

Thatā€™s so disappointing. It does not make a big difference for me as a Vinous consumer (as 97% of what they review and Iā€™m interested in, hits the market a later point in time anyway) but that really really sucks.