Any good Monterey wineries open for walk-in tastings

On a recent business trip to Monterey, my wife started to look for tasting opportunities there and in Pacific Grove but ended up in Carmel where there were several opportunities close together. She especially enjoyed Figge Cellars.

Odonata for sure. Get off in Chualr if you do. He’s been working on some fizz projects and has an excellent Coastview Syrah. Figge, too, but he is in the process of moving up to the valley across from Roux and I haven’t heard that he’s open yet. There’ll be a great patio, though. Wrath is pretty if you don’t mind driving about 15 mins out of your way. Big, raw pinots with lots of stems. They score well. The winemaker from wrath just opened a tasting room in Carmel, in a Figge’s old place.

Thank you all for the suggestions. Time was our enemy and we made one tasting room in Carmel by the Sea. Unfortunately not a wonderful experience (and in the manner of one critic who is somewhat reviled here, I won’t say anything negative). Ian, we will look you up the next time we travel to or through the village area. As it was, we were delayed an hour by power lines across the 101 freeway en route to San Francisco.

Thanks all! Next stop Healdsburg.

Bruce,

We’ll look forward to seeing you soon.

Ian

Ian, enjoying some of your wines through the Trio wine club, which my wife joined on her trip to Carmel.

Ian, we lived in Carmel Valley from 1995 - 2003. So glad you are there to take it to the next level Cheers!

Hi Ian,
A little update for you - the estate winery is now open weekends for tastings. I am sure that those of you on the board who are interested in visiting us would prefer to make the extra drive to visit the actual winery and vineyards. The Saratoga tasting room is convenient when times does not allow, but now you have another option. Plus we are just five miles from Big Basin Redwoods State Park - some of the nicest Old Growth anywhere in California.