Any US winery do decent 375 bottles

Get yourself a vino lock 375mm, buy 750’s and fill the little bottle. Place it in the fridge, it’ll last for months.

Cadence.

Tablas Creek, Siduri, and Calera

Jim- I bought a case of the 1/2’s last year during the Berserker special. Really great juice! Any chance of doing that again this year?

Morgan and Jaffurs.

Todd - do you have a link? I tried to search for it but can’t find it.

Steve, I’d just go to your local wineshop and ask what half bottles are sealed with a glass stopper. Probably something German, but they buyer should know. Best of luck.

Steve, I believe Todd is referring to a glass enclosure some commercial producers use:

So his suggestion is to find a half bottle from your favorite shop that’s under that enclosure, and just reuse that bottle when you open a 750ml.

I would second that suggestion. If you’re careful to decant the wine and not introduce much oxygen, its a great way to preserve a half bottle.

Thanks. I use a 375 often to save wine so I was interested in alternatives to using a VinVac on it.

A screwcapped 375 works at least as well and is easier to find.

That is what I normally use now.

I find the skirt on the screw caps tend to trap wine and stink.

Jim, I missed that one last year and regretted it all year. If you do it this year, I’m in!

I used to seek out 375 bottles to avoid wasting wine until I developed my current strategy. I have a collection of volumetric flasks with ground glass stoppers. My favorite is the 250 ml flask which is 2 glasses. I open a 750 and immediately decant into 2 flasks leaving no air which takes a little practice. I drink the rest and drink the others at my leisure.

FWIW quite a few Provence roses come under Vinolok. I came across a great deal on 375 of A to Z Pinot a couple of years under srewcaps ago and saved a few for refilling unfinished bottles.

Not American, and I’m not really a champagne kind of fellow but I recently had the Franck Bonville Brut Rosé Champagne and loved it. I now see 375’s on K&L’s site (I am no more than a happy consumer of K&L for over 40 years).
$22.00~

Big fan of 375ml from Switchback Ridge, though above range in OP.

[welldone.gif]

Was bummed that was a close-out though (at least I thought you said the 375 program wasn’t working for you).

Turns out I saw some of the 375s in a restaurant a few weeks ago - was nice to see something (a) I recognized and (b) wasn’t the more uninspired choices that the 375s often seem to be.

Virage! We love 375’s but stopped producing the reds in half-bottles after 2011, weary of fighting the bottling/production crew. Stock available of 2008, 2010, 2011. Gorgeous bottles. Price $15-$30, happy to sell the $30’s for 15% discount by the case! Gets you to $25.50ea. Just checked www.viragenapavalley.com to be sure stock available online–you have to click on the wine by vintage, then the SELECT FORMAT pull-down menu to grab the 375’s. Sheesh, no wonder nobody never orders those on their own, lol. Can PM/email me and I’ll set you up. But don’t do it Fri or Sat this week!!
I LOVE Rosé in half-bottles and still produce them. $14each. SO cute. Sold out of 2015, but good stock 2016.

Posted recently on a Dry Creek (AVA) wine, which reminds me that Dry Creek Vineyard (producer) IIRC bottles most of their wines in 375ml. Impeccable quality, good people, Sauvignon Blanc is stoopid good for very little money; the Cab is also very good, reasonably priced and (most important in this discussion) available!

Dan Kravitz