Anyone know what's going on between Levi Dalton and

[welldone.gif]

Checked in on the Twitter situation. That’s 10 minutes of my life I will never get back.

touché, Charlie! [cheers.gif]

But at least Little Nicky has that line about the devil being a Jets fan and Namath coming there anyway. I have attempted to read the hosemaster 2 or 3 times. Utter crap.

And … it turned out they were right.

Yes, but they’re also the architects of the decline.

Never mind.

I’m with Neal, have never managed to finish reading any of the HM pieces.

-Al

I am surprised anyone who is serious about writing would still use a blogspot.com account as it is the lowest possible barrier of entry.

Levi seems a bit unhinged. People should avoid Twitter when they are angry because they so often come across as mental. I read Hosemaster and find it amusing sometimes and not sometimes. Mad magazine level is a good analogy. Juvenile fun and not worth popping a blood vessel about.

Wow, the whole thing is weird.

I’ll agree with Alicia, Ron is nice in person, and Hosemaster is sort of a character he puts on (guess he’s the Alex Jones of wine writing…) That said I’ll agree with others who find HM’s humor to be pretty dated in sensibility. The joke in question here is pretty lame so it’s hard to understand why it’s worth getting worked up over. Especially when Levi’s podcast really is the best of its kind and is pretty well respected by people who actually listen to it, I think.

I will say though, as big a fan of Levi’s show as I am, he seems very sensitive to how he’s portrayed. Years ago on this board I was joking around with Mike Pobega and made a joke referencing Levi (but not making fun of Levi). He caught wind of it and posted in the thread, as if to defend his honor. After I explained what the joke meant (it was sort of an inside joke I will admit) and how he was not the butt of it, he disappeared from the thread, not to be heard from again.

In the Twitter exchanges, Geoff seems genuinely perplexed as to what it was all about, and handled it well in my view.

Noticed the same thing before. A tad touchy. On the other hand, who can take seriously anyone who calls hisself the “Hosemaster”?

Is this intended as a defense?

Just a playful dig at the “he’s playing a character” phenomenon…