Araujo eisele vineyard cab

Thank you - It is obvious you are giving good advice, I’m so lost in social media… but I do not feel comfortable to try to move this or duplicate my note…
I just am clueless why it is not selling out and why there is not the demand, and why the stigma, and why is the international market is so weak…

My two cents is due to poor marketing. As Wes said the vineyard is outstanding with incredible history- no different than the other top ‘Napa First Growths’ but due to poor MARCOMM, domestic and abroad, they never achieved the quality/demand/supply/pricing ratio that they could have.

I am by no means advocating for you to participate with them or not, simply my opinion of how they got stuck in a Cog. Latour family should help, and as I mentioned in our previous communication the more recent vintages are outstanding but need time in bottle to reach their full drinking potential. Not sure that it helps but wanted to add on to Wes’s comments with a bit of my own.

Good luck to you as your business sounds amazing for wineries and alike to utilize.

thanks, I appreciate all of your help and kind words
seems like I’m making more mistakes this week than good moves or choices…
We have over 250 three packs and the nibbles from our clients are indicative of your comments…

There’s a surplus of high-end Napa Cabs right now, making it very competitive, with some producers holding a lot of wine out of the market to keep the prices up.

We’ve seen other quality historic producers get sort of forgotten about, while all the next best things grab all the attention. That can turn around. In my neck of the woods we saw that with Ridge and Mount Eden. Back in favor, the artificially low prices have corrected.

What you have will hold its value, even if its slow to move.

I believe your point is accurate - however, most everyone with our business model, trading co’s, brokers, wholesalers or retailers do not want to hold large parcels that are picked up for one purpose and that is to flips. Unlike a winery , some of which do not mind holding stock (many do not want to hold inventory - which is how we have some jobs) we absolutely are not set up to hold the size parcels we are offered to move.
We purchase Classified Bordeaux, it is part of the flow that some wines sit. Fine Burg’s we all look at differently, but in these instances you are speaking about 2, 3, 5, 10 or so cases.
The jobs we take on to flip are 100 cases or more, so no, we have no interest to hold that investment.

Alex, I was just gifted a 1997 - is this something I want to drink now or can I/should I hold for some time?

I’m not Alex, but drink it. It’s an awesome bottle

2 Likes

I bought a case of 1998, a bad year in Napa, but a wine I had had before and enjoyed. It is excellent and I am rapidly making my way through the case, so I think you should drink up.

1 Like