Armagnac and Cognac, buy now.

Nobody ships liquor out of state I think?

Certainly some shops do.

Michael’s bunker:

I got the last 2 bottles from Premiers Grand Crus n France. Shipping was reasonable. May go for the tres vielle once I get these two.

Yes! That’s also where I first tried vintage Armagnac.

I went with a friend visiting from Colorado once and he got the attractive guy’s phone number.

1 Like

Fine drams may have better pricing in some cases.

1 Like

Is this Pasquet from a indie bottler? How is it different from their normal bottlings?

Yeah it’s a through the grapevine bottling

Gonna be interesting to track Laberdolive if/when WK gets his Armagnac coverage going.

Yeah I mean, it’s one of the rare products that’s by the far the best in its category; like Yquem, but low production. I imagine prices will eventually skyrocket.

1 Like

Just received my first order from Fine Drams; pretty much a flawless transaction. Ordered 11 February and arrived today, so three weeks total.

Normandin-Mercier XO Grande Champagne Cognac
Normandin-Mercier Millésime 2011 Petite Champagne Cognac
Normandin-Mercier Lot 80 Grande Champagne Cognac (Cask #3711)

Am enjoying the XO at the moment; the depth and complexity is off the charts. 30 year old cognac at $110; no discernible wood in the flavor profile, very smooth and a long finish.

1 Like

Excellent selections. I think the XO is a superb value at the ~100 price point. It’s fascinating that there’s no wood considering how long they’re aged in barrel.

1 Like

Got my 2 bottles of Normandin Mercier from France on Saturday. About 10 days. Waiting on a bottle of Navarre Vieille Reserve.

That’s a really nice bottle as well.

There’s a few nice bottles of grosperrin on fine drams.

How are Pellehaut and Ravignan generally viewed? I see some vintages on K&L right now for pretty solid prices

They’re not bad, not as good as some of the best producers but certainly not terrible.

Btw some good brandy resources are:

Brandy advocate website which was created by Jason Wilson.

The smoke and the smell, by Thad vogler (book)

Serious brandy discussion group on Facebook

I do appreciate all the recs in this and the other (“bourbon lovers buy this”) thread. In the price range I live in, I’ve been enjoying the Laubade XO and the 1992 and 1999 Jouandas I was already on to, but I’ve now added some sale-priced L’Encantada XO and Dartanilongue XO to that mix, and I even went deep and picked up one bottle of Laberdolive from each of my kids’ birth-year vintages except the youngest (waiting for that one to be released), plus a bottle of the so-highly-praised 1986, all to sip occasionally on special occasions over the years (plus a bottle of the 1991 as a retirement gift for a very close friend and colleague who started with the firm, alongside me, in 1991).

So you’ve all be great for my palate and terrible for my bank account, but I’m taking a long buying pause now… [cheers.gif]

1 Like

What have been your favorites of the new purchases so far?