Aubert-Save the date

I visited the winery in November, and asked our host (Lydia) the same question. My very incomplete notes on her answer:

Powderhouse - white floral
Sugarshack - cool, citrus, Meyer lemon
CIX - bright crisp apple
Lauren - rich, chalky limestone soil, seashells
Eastside - blanketed w fog, cold climate, petrol, more green apple than citrus, brioche
UVSL - lots of fog and rain

FWIW, I have had the 2007 Peter Michael Cuvee Indigene a couple of times in the last three years (once from magnum) and that baby brought the house down, including once in Napa with a couple of this group’s favorite winemakers. I don’t know if they all age this well, but this one has proven its ageability on a couple of occasions.

I wish mine lasted long enough to see what they taste like with some age on them. Aubert is the only American white wine I buy and we generally go through 3/4 of the allocation each year. Maybe all of it. I also like Peter Michael, but decided to just concentrate on one vintner to get better allocations (selection, magnums, etc). I was on the Kistler list a long time ago. Loved the wines in the first 1-4 years, not so much with any age (PremOx issues for me).

The spring release opened up today for “priority access” customers (long-term customers, I believe - I’ve been buying since the 2004 vintage). The regular release is on Tuesday Jan 14.

My allocation was the same as last year, and the prices were the same except that Lauren is now $115 (up from $100 last year) and Powder House is up to $95 (from $90.) The Lauren magnum also increased from $270 to $275 - all others stayed the same.

Yes, it’s open… but It’s the first time I recall having to buy a case though.

My offer stated a minimum requirement of nine bottles be purchased.

Whatever the lower limit, you’ll thank yourself later!

My minimum of 12 is no problem.
Strange that they have different minimums.

IN ! flirtysmile

My minimum is apparently 9 this year. I swear in the past it’s been 6. I did order, IIRC, 12 bottles last year. I’m not sure if the increased minimum is a “reward” for buying more last year, or an across the board thing, or what…

i had a 12 minimum, sort of annoying after hearing other minimums. been buying for 15 years.

I keep timing out on my browser

Ditto.

Yup for the last 15 min for me

First time on the list got a 6 bottle minimum. Looks like they are catering to the newbies. In any case I passed as I just don’t drink enough Chard and have put myself on a wine budget.

My third Aubert order and I also had a 6 bottle minimum.

I couldn’t even get in from my computer (tried different browers, same error). I was able to order from my phone, which is a little klutzy.

I’ve always had a six-bottle minimum, but my understanding is that if I had logged in early, it would have shown a 12-bottle minimum.

First order and 6 bottle min.

33 bottle min ! (Self Control [snort.gif])

I had a 6 bottle min this year. Last year, I logged in before the offer “officially” opened and it showed a 12 bottle min. I’m sure a quick phone call would take care of it. Phil is very amicable.

Were the early release group able to get earlier ship dates? To east coast.aka ny?