Austin Bbq Trip Report

Yeah, Salt Lick is not the best bbq. However, going to the actual restaurant outside Austin is a lot of fun. BYOB, bbq served family style (all you can eat). You go , drink, wait for your table and eat. BBQ is not the best, but is fine and much better than what they serve at the airport.

Dennis this is a great list! We are headed down in a few weeks so this is perfect timing.

Current situation at Franklin’s from a buddy who was there yesterday …
Order 3 days prior, drive up and they load in your trunk (bed of my pickup). Tip well. No more waiting in lines.

Great report Dennis. I went to UT - and still never been to Franklins - it wasn’t there many years ago when I was in school. Given I only get back for football games - not sure I see that changing.

BTW - I went the Business route but had family that did the engineering program. If any questions - please reach out.

Wonderful report Dennis! Franklin brisket is to die for! Thanks for sharing your pictures and thoughts. This is making me want to fly to Texas as soon as possible. Mouth watering.

Thanks, Brad. I think he is staying GA, but I appreciate the offer.

Thanks, all- glad you enjoyed the report and hope it is helpful. I wish I was going back soon!