Avalanche of e-mail wine offers

The entire chain has taken a hit, from winery through distribution and retailer. I wish I had a pile of mad money to buy wines being offered at half price or less, but at the same time, I can’t sell that same wine I already have in stock because it is available for less than I paid wholesale. This may result in price correction down the road, but if you have the money, now is the time to buy. May not yield like a stock, but enjoying a wine at half price makes the meal taste better and somebody in the chain survives.

I like this take on it, people are offering their wine at that price for a reason and you’re helping them stay afloat.

At first I was a little incredulous, but then I remembered what site I was on. I need some help from other Berserkers, particularly the NYC crew, with a nip of derogatory slang…

Bill, you’re a schmuck! [smileyvault-ban.gif]

Is that a correct and appropriate response here? Normally, I’d call him a bell end, but I wanted to sure no translation was necessary.

That just about says it all, Larry. Well done.

Check out the special forum on this Board - there are real deals there.

Vins Rare offering 2017 Faiveley at what they call “Wholesale Prices,” and I believe it.

Excited for that EMH order!

I guess that’s another solid way of saying “ignorant and self-absorbed”.

There are more deals out there than in the linked list. Keenan 20%. Seavey I think had free shipping. Howell Mountain vintners and growers association has a list of specials. And more…

Excited to have a new customer!

Yes, the “poorly timed” comment was truly ignorant and self-absorbed.
These businesses are in dire straits.
Phil Jones

Businesses are having to get really creative.

I used to work at a wine shop whose owners have owned a women’s clothing boutique for 40 years. Obviously their spring merchandise has come in and they have to be closed. This morning I got an email (I was never on their mailing list and haven’t spoken to them in over 3 years) announcing a Facebook Live showing of their new merchandise with shipping, delivery and pickup services set up.

The shop I work at now is doing shipping and pickup of discounted wine inventory and bottled food products, taking reservations for pickup.

A local barbecue place, one that has had a food truck but is in the process of switching to a brick and mortar location, just Instagrammed a by-the-pound ordering ability with pickup and delivery available

Whatever it takes.

Minneapolis Wine Shops have done nothing interesting. The only thing they email me everyday is that they are still open. You think a 30% off sale would be in order. They must be doing well so no sales right now.

Dang, you guys are quick to condemn.

To me, that clearly implied that Bill G is not able to take advantage of any of the offers and as he said is drinking from his cellar. My wife has had her hours cut by 80% so, out of caution, we will be cutting back on wine purchases until things get back near normal.

… hence ignorant and self-absorbed …

Thank you.

Ian, I am waiting for my well deserved apology…

If they are selling to help their employees, someone needs to actually buy them to help said employees. Buy away!

Thanks for the link!
Clicked on some. Will support some.

Curiosity clicked a few…
Lail charges $155 for a Sauvignon Blanc!?!?!

Any chance of getting some recommendations? I’m relatively new to wine and especially US-based wine.