Baltimore, MD (Charm City, hon)

David, corkage will be “legal” as of July 1. I’m not sure if restaurants that want to participate will be able to seek the necessary license in advance of that date, though. I’m guessing there will be a slight delay between the effective date and establishments actually being able to participate. But please mention it to wherever you go that if they want to participate, they should look into it! I am going to look into the logistics of compliance and post the info here once I have it.

And it’s official! Bill was just signed into law literally 1 minute ago.

Bump for the latest addition: Meet 27 in Charles Village.

Salt, 2127 E. Pratt St., $25 corkage. Great job handling the wine, too (volunteered to bring a decanter). Absolutely try the duck fat fries! Most of the menu changes bi-weekly. Small joint, so get reservations well in advance.

Others that signed up for the new corkage option:
The Prime Rib
La Scala
Aldo’s
Ambassador Dining Room
Cafe Gia
Chiu’s Sushi
Delle Notte
Fogo De Chao
Sonny’s Bronx Original
Thames St. Oyster House
Uncle Lee’s
Vino Rosina
Bahama Breeze (Balt. Co.)
Casey’s (Balt. Co.)
Linwood’s (Balt. Co.)
Mia Carolina (Balt. Co.)

Watch for this list to be updated (I’ll do my best to save you the trouble); if you’ve been to any of these, please share what they’re charging for corkage.
[html]http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:zeEsnSnNZ7sJ:mbbwl.org/files/CorkagePermitsIssued7.16.12.xls+&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us[/html]

Bump for Clementine’s addition

Anyone been to Bottega - BYOB, no corkage. Looks to be getting good reviews:

Been on my list to check out for a few weeks now.

A quick update to note that Tersiguel’s in Ellicott City allows BYO with a $20 corkage, no limit on the number of bottles. Last night we brought three bottles; looked at the list first but didn’t see anything interesting. Decent service, different glasses for each wine, although we poured our own (which I didn’t mind). Can’t really say I recommend the restaurant, but if you’re going, BYO is a nice option.

Wow, been a while. Not a whole lot to add, sadly, though The Food Market in Hampden allows corkage (IIRC, it was $25 per bottle; nice stems; been a while since I tested it out though). No on Citron. Has anyone tried at Woodberry Kitchen?

And another… Sushi Hana (three locations; $10 per bottle; just confirmed). My go-to sushi place in the area.

And another! Alma Cocina in Canton. Small fee, amount unknown.

One more… La Food Marketa - Quarry Lake

thank you for updating this…this is always important where we decide to go to dinner! sadly, not enough places allow corkage.

I didn’t see this listed anywhere: Arômes in Hampden is BYO only, has amazing prix fixe menus (French/American) with no corkage fee

Just went to another great tiny BYO only restaurant, Puerto 511. Six course Peruvian prix fixe menu on the weekends for $49, corkage is $2.50 per head. Need to call for a reservation and based on what we experienced it appears that they only do two seatings per night (around 6pm and 8:30pm).

Aromes just closedk a few weeks ago

Arômes chef, Steve Monnier’s new restaurant Chez Hugo looks great but the corkage is a pretty steep $35 per bottle.

Did you eat there yet? How was it? Corkage fee is bonkers

Not yet but will be there soon.

I’m wondering whether the corkage is because they expect to be popular for the first few weeks/months and maybe they’ll relax it once it settles down. Seems like a very standard French Bistro menu (even it’s well executed) so I can’t imagine that they’ll maintain much excitement for long

and pretty poor location…

Ok, so I went here for dinner and honestly it was… ok. The food is really good but not particularly exciting or cheap. The full wine list (not available online) has some decent selections but at the usual 300% restaurant mark up. It was empty on the Thursday night we went and the service was less than stellar (new server who didn’t know any of the dishes well enough to describe them and equally unhelpful with drink selection). I fear we may have lost a great restaurant in Aromes for a middle of the road (and possibly short lived) bistro.