BAMA Pairing?

So you’re living the dream [cheers.gif]

My wife and I enjoyed the wine per William’s recommendation (served with rack of lamb, 2 hour decant) on New Year’s Eve. We were both very impressed! I was also rather surprised as BAMA seems to be a favorite of the AFWE crowd yet it was quite flavorful. The tannins were well rounded and the fruit much more intense than I was expecting. It was certainly different than “modern” Bordeaux I have enjoyed (2011 Leoville-Poyferre comes to mind as a BIG wine) but still clearly Bordeaux. Hats off to this board for bringing such a wonderful wine to my attention!

2 Likes

Ohio State meat??? newhere

Were you drinking wine? I learned in college that the proper beverage for a football game is grain alcohol punch.

Roll Tide! Seems that there are a couple of bama fans here! Graduated in 09. I cannot wait for the game on Monday. Would be the first National Championship game that I miss, but will make sure to open up something nice to enjoy the bloodbath… or close game. Either way, I’m making homemade Yellowhammers to start and then switching to something better for my liver…

Jokes on Bama. Buckeyes are poisonous.

Not me. Went to UNC but I grew up in Georgia where the school is pronounce “Alagddmnbama”

I was far more refined. Crown, Dewers, Chivas. Frat punk for sure.

Thanks for the update David. I would have thought 2010 to be pretty closed and tannic but it sounded like you had a great experience.

You must have taken football much more seriously than we did. On the other hand, I never had alcohol during a basketball game. That was way too serious.