BD13 - picking up steam

Ah Chris … the Council says: there are always the Auctions to help absorb that bothersome extra change.

NewbiePalooza 2?

How about ‘TriedandTruePalooza’ . . . flirtysmile [highfive.gif] [drinkers.gif]

4 Likes

Thanks Michael!

I really enjoyed discovering Pezzato and Sandar & Hem at last year’s BD.

I just signed up for another Alaska Airlines credit card. I need to spend $3,000 to get the 68,000 mile bonus. Hmmmm Shouldn’t be too hard. :slight_smile:

When the heck did I say NOT to say anything about BerserkerDay?? I have a forum and several threads up about it!! In fact, SAY MORE! Spread the word!! I’ve put a post on Facebook, Instagram, and have a bunch here. The more, the merrier.

SUPER excited about the livestream ‘raffle’ this year - going to be fun :slight_smile:

Yeah, if you use berserker day to hit a spending bonus it basically pays for itself.

That’s my plan. $2k spend for 40k amex points, bring it on!

1 Like

raffle?

Yes, raffle!

More info will be posted soon

#BD13unicorn
#unicornraffle
#thisshouldbefun
#livestream

1 Like

In cycling we have an equation for the proper number of bikes to own. The number of bikes you currently own is represented by N. The equation is N+1.

I do believe this would also apply to wine, so let her know the answer is N+1.

I would go with N + 12, just to be safe! [cheers.gif]

I’ve heard the same about guitars

1 Like

So here’s a big picture question for Todd, Brig, or just general discussion:

Will the level of discounting for this BD be relatively less than past years, given the inflationary economy, strong demand for wine, meat, luxury items, and other types of things typically sold on BD? If so, a little less, or a lot less?

I didn’t have any past event to compare it to, but the amount of discounting in the NewbiePalooza thing seemed quite modest to me. And those were newbies without an established following around here going into the event. That, plus broader market conditions, make me curious about this upcoming BD.

And before anyone attacks me, I wish producers well, and if these are boom times when they can sell things for higher prices, particularly following lean times from the early pandemic, fires or other challenges, that’s great for them and I have no complaints or grumbles about it. I know there are folks here who are eager to pounce on consumers for being heartless in seeking deals, so I say that hoping to avoid the thread taking that detour. I’m just curious about what to expect.

Can confirm this is true!

As a long time participant my answer is, for the items I produce I am trying maintain similar pricing as I have for a long time. But costs on everything has increased. Import shipping is horrific, my cost on all the tinned seafood has increased with my latest order 30% or more on some items. My EVOO, I can keep pretty reasonable but the price of bottles and closures has jumped… I’m working on some new items too!!
I’ll do my best as will most others. Just understand it’s not about looking to gouge my customers at all. I appreciate each and every customer I have because most are either friends or have become friends thru the years.

18 Likes

First, there will be fewer offers this year.

The reason is many producers were significantly impacted by smoke in 2020. View their lack of participation as “zero discount” as they’re in survival mode.

For the producers that I work with and recruit I always say participate in berserker day for a reason whether that be to build out the brand, launch a new product, give back to the wine community that has supported you, etc. It needs to make sense.

Right now that’s a challenge for quite a few.

2 Likes

What’s the current tariff situation for you Nola? Is it also suspended? Either way, I have converted several people to become huge fans of your fishies… looking forward to putting in a big order! [cheers.gif]

Well…MAYBE. We currently are 7 less total than last year, and the ‘last minute’ people haven’t shown up yet [cheers.gif]

The producers that I’m working with are excited and gearing up for another big day. But there are whispers of relatively small stocks given the issues of 2020 - not just because that year was impacted but also because folks who would have bought 2020 have been buying library wines. More than ever, preview/advance purchase day is going to be important. Better sign up for Monopole or GCC …

You’re welcome Todd.