Be aware that 06 Maybach is available for sale

Roy - first, I didn’t say you complained about the price.

Second, I still object to you posting what you did about Maybach losing the vineyard without checking with those actually making the wine…when you claimed they lost the vineyard, it opened lots of questions…when in fact, they had two vintages from the same vineyard still sitting in barrel. A little bit reckless to post it IMO!

I guess I am just tired of speculation/rumor becoming fact on the wine boards…whether it be from people in the biz or not. In this case, you may have heard it from the source but you still misrepresented the facts on a public wine forum…whether the vyd manager or owner said they lost it after 04, you did not confirm that Chris had two more vintages in barrel from the same vyd…we had to do some damage control…

Roy - sorry if I came down hard a bit…I am just frustrated sometimes by the misinformation that can get out and then take on gospel rumor…especially when it comes to people I really like and admire…TRB and Chris M being two super people.

On that part you are correct. And for not double checking before posting it, I apologize. I made it totally off the cuff and did not mean to make anyone’s life more difficult because of it.

But you are not correct when you just said that I have “something against TRB or Maybach.” If anything, the large bulk of my posts on eBob are very positive about both.

Okay? Tell you what. Let’s get together and I will open a Seven Stones and you open a Maybach and we will reconcile the “Napa way.” [drinks.gif]

Okay!!

No place on Earth resolved issues in a better way than Napa. [highfive.gif]

If only political differences could be so easily solved/arbitrated…

I did not receive a mailer or email, but the wine is available. Our resident Cabernet guru Mike P. raved about it. Price is the same as past 2 vintages $110.

Just an FYI, not affiliated and so on.

Otto

With all this chatter, my interest is piqued.

But isn’t this a list-only wine? Where is it available? Are you just a tease?

Oh yeah? Spend a weekend in pre-RICO era Brooklyn. [gen_fro.gif]

I have never seen this wine in a store, and I got on the list for the '05 vintage. I wouldn’t be surprised though if you can find it on Wine-Searcher, but I am guessing you will pay a premium for it.

I went in for 3 so far, and if my other 3 are there come pay day, I’ll snatch those up too. No funds to do it right now…without the wife knowing anyway…LOL! -mJ

Interestingly, just last month I purchased some 375s of the 2005 vintage from a fellow board members store, Taylor Senatore of California Wine Merchants, NYC.
I am happy to have them alongside my 8 750s and 1 magnum. [thank_you.gif]

I was talking to Chris (at maybach) yesterday about this and he’s going to look into it

Tony and Roy, well done…people take a lesson here - this is how to resolve differences on wine boards!

Tony, I noticed your name on the mailer, Do you do work for maybach in some regard? (this is not a mao-esque question, no need to stop talking about the wine, no need to do anything differently - just when i see a name I know, I’m just curious)

I’ll take extra large.

Zach - didn’t know my name was in the mailer. I used to work with Thomas Brown at Outpost, which is where the Maybach Cabernet is crushed, cellared and bottled.

I also helped Chris a little with some mailing list issues.

Not affiliated anymore but still a huge fan.

Tony - I didn’t realise you had left Outpost. What are you up to now?

Gentlemen…very nice!! Can I be there too? I can bring something suitable. [dance2.gif]

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

Marshall - you are always invited

Okay, I give it up… who is TRB?

Thomas Rivers Brown

Thanks!