Becheur 2018 Cabernet

Speaking only for myself, while I didn’t pay over $20, I would think the pedigree of the location would make that a decent risk.

2018 cab from western oakville. if you don’t think that’s worth 20 dollars, then yea it’s not worth the discussion.

I answered. This is a small batch Cab (less than 125 cases) and has the makings of something special. There is room in my cellar for De Negoce and this. Who knows which one will be the better QPR.

Surprised that they shipped my order during a summer heatwave even though its going out via GSO. Wish they would have done a weather hold until cooler weather is here in CA.

He says at bottom will be shipping only to western states. Must have ice packs. Mine is coming overnight to San Diego and I don’t think heat will be an issue even w/o ice packs.

Delivered! Decanting already. I know bottle shock, etc. But I need to see how good this is to know if I buy a 2nd case. Will report back.

Looking forward to your report!

Wine showed up. Super generic. Just says becheur on the front with a bottle number at the bottom (14772) and nothing on the back except the government warning. How do I even know this is the 2018 cab?

Yah, I thought that was pretty funny. But I tried it. It’s the cab. And it’s really really good.

Guess we need to take a pen and clearly write “2018 Oakville Cab” on the label so we remember.

1 Like

Ok we need some tasting notes! [cheers.gif] [cheers.gif] [cheers.gif]

Unfortunately I don’t know a thing about wine. Besides liking to drink a lot of it. But I will give you my full impression after I finish the bottle later today.

That’s fair. Appreciate the feedback. Mine went to my offsite locker and I am 60+ miles away. I will have to Pobega one when I head that way.

This is the craziest thing I’ve seen in a while. I love it. [wow.gif]

I have no idea which vineyard this is from but guarantee you it ain’t VHR or some Cru-level Oakville vineyard. He would be upside down if he purchased that juice in 2018.

kelham east of the 29, lol

False.
663EFE8B-B685-4EE7-9D4F-0EFEFC402DFC.jpeg

1 Like

False, bears eat beets

thats weird

Winery is in one place and the vineyard another: https://www.kelhamvineyards.com/our-vineyards

Ah, well that makes sense then!