Bedrock Late Spring Impromptu Release - April 21

i was hoping to skip this but there is too much there for that

The average price is about $40, with some more and some less. Some are lots more and some are lots less. I don’t recall a minimum order, but there is a minimum shipping charge that makes it expensive to order less than a case.
Definitely a good mailing list to get on, but I suspect that there is a waiting list to get on the mailing list. Good wine, good people, good prices. What’s not to like? You will not regret it, particularly if you like zin and/or Syrah. I limit myself to zin, but that’s just me.
Phil Jones

I forgot to mention that yes, there is usually a maximum order. Some wines you will be limited to two bottles. On other wines, the limit is much higher. But I doubt that most people order the maximum on the other wines. That would be a ton of wine.
Phil Jones

Awesome Morgan - those unreleased wines sound really interesting!

For the New Releases, is this going to be the only time that you offer them up…or will they also be available in the upcoming ‘normal’ release? In other words…do I need to make sure and snag Papera and Drummonds tomorrow? Thanks!

Usually $35 flat shipping on 6 or more bottles.
Prices range from $19 - $75, with most in the $30-$40 range.

the quality for the price is a big part of the reason for the excitement. there are several really great offerings on this list that are $20 or below. the heritage blends average around $45ish? there’s a few bottles each release that push more like 50-60, and the Expositions are a rare rare exception that are more than that (there are very few bottlings from Bedrock that run above $60)

Oops, missed that, sorry. Thanks for pointing that out!

Super excited!

It’s going to be interesting how they price the exposition series. I’m sure they would like to make a little coin, but finding the sweet spot might be tough?

I seem to recall a rumor that three-bottle sets were going for $1000 on the secondary market? Or am I making that up?
Phil Jones

I think the 100 pointers recently sold on Winebid for around $250 ish each.
CT has them at $238-$264 each.

What is the story on the Exposition syrahs? What made them special and why aren’t they made any more?

Here is the Cliff Notes version.

Morgan tried to see if he could make a 100 point Parker wine which was outside his house Syrah style and he did it three ways with varying amounts of Viognier. He eventually reached the 100 point goal with the 2013 set. There were some issues in the vineyard and many of the Syrah vines were lost. He still makes a version of the wine, but not in the three bottle series as he did in ‘11, ‘12 and ‘13.

I always think of them as the “Ode to Lala” trio. Like Bedrock trying their hand at the Guigal LaLa wines. More new oak, riper, etc.

Welcome to the forum! It’s hard to beat the quality for the price (QPR) of Bedrock across all their offerings. Their staples are excellent for $19; Old Vine Zin and Ode to Lulu are board favorites.

What kinds of wine do you enjoy? With shipping, the value deteriorates the fewer you order so it would be helpful to understand what you like to drink before ordering a case. IMHO, you couldn’t go wrong with 4 OVZ, 6 Lulu, and 2 heritage for a sampler case…that way you can let the reds rest while enjoying an insanely good Rosé this spring (it likely won’t make it to the summer).

Great suggestions here. That rose seriously, seriously rocks.

Heya- this will likely be the only time they are offered as they are all pretty small production (Papera was only 5 barrels for instance). That said, we have no way to anticipate what response might be today. The hope was to offer a few things now and make the Fall Release a bit smaller. As you will read in the release newsletter the lack of restaurant and retail business has really killed cash flow so on top of doing something for restaurant folks who are hurting we are also trying to smooth out winery operations a bit. Cheers! -M

Should be a good on a resume for a consulting winemaker business I’d think.

Perfect! Thanks for confirming that Morgan!

I’m also new to Bedrock and got my first shipment a month ago. Ode to Lulu was phenomenal. I might have to buy more… my wallet says no but my heart (mouth!?) says yes