Bedrock Save the Date Winter 2020 Release

I learned so much on that edition of the pod, unfortunately a lot about some unpleasant topics. I had no idea what a serious issue Syrah decline is and it was fascinating to hear about the decisions from 25 years ago that lead to our situation now and how the problem is compounded by the appeal of replanting to higher margin grapes that grow well in those areas. Morgans section about the impact of the 2020 fires was also particularly compelling. At least you got to sprinkle in good news about the new addition to the family, the improvements at Monte Rosso, and this incredible group of wines. Can’t wait! [cheers.gif]

Order in, scaled it back some but also put in a request for more 19 OVZ bottles. Thanks Chris and Morgan.

offer is up!

how did you put in a request for more 19 ovz. just in the comment section?

Order in! Listening to the podcast definitely made me spend more money than I will admit to my wife. Listen at your own risk!

Super excited and fingers crossed on the Chard and Oakville Farmhouse request I put in!

Comment section. I do this with other wineries as well when I want to add something they didn’t have in the offer.

I ordered before listening to the podcast and scaled back quite a bit (just over a case)…may tack a few on as I’m in the middle of listening now…

Got some Pato, Monte Rosso, Pagani and Under the Mountain.

Bought 18 bottles.

Curious, as a new buyer (this is only my second order), what are my chances on the wish list, and how long does it take to get an allocation that includes everything?

In for a case + a few wish lists on the Pagani Mag and Farmhouse.

The Newsletter today finishes up with a general & Bedrock-specific discussion of the use of oak in winemaking.
It is a particularly good read/highly recommended. Wish it would have had more to say about the Stockinger cooperage,
which most people regard as the Rolls-Royce of oak cooperage.
Tom

You get notified of whether you got the wish list on Monday or Tuesday. Availability really depends on the wine. During the release podcast, Chris mentioned a few wines that had a very small production.

I might of misread your question. Are you saying that you didn’t get an allocation of some wines and can only wish list? I can’t help with that question since I have been buying from close to the start.

Yes, there were some I didn’t get any allocation of at all; only option was to wishlist. I will just keep my fingers crossed.

Total haul was 15 bottles.

3 CA syrah, 2 MR, 3 Oakville Farmhouse, 2 Pato, 1 Schmiedt, 2 Weill a Way, 1 each Alta Vista and Bien Nacido Chardonnay. Was going to do more CA syrah for a house wine but held back and asked for more OVZ.

Swore I was done buying for the year and next thing I know there’s a case of Bedrock scheduled to ship in December.

Ordered just 6 bottles. Running out of room. $35 shipping for 6 is a bit tough. Offer is geared to order mucho bottles.

There are three releases a year. I cannot speak to how Bedrock does it, but I typically buy 6-12 bottles a release. I’ve been on the list for I believe 2-3 years and even though I buy far less than many others, I’m allocated pretty much everything at this point. So, my best answer to your question is 2-3 years. Note that you’ll still be allocated the vast majority of wines from the get go, unless they’re very small production. Bedrock has some unique wines offered each year that are always smaller production, so those are the ones you’ll have to wish for. Otherwise, most of the wines you’ll be offered. I cannot speak highly enough about Bedrock.