Bedrock Spring Release 2012

Ordering is indeed up though Vertical Response is taking its sweet time getting the Release Newsletter out.

And since there is only 400 bottles or so of the Lauterbach Hill to go around there was just no feasible way to allocate it fairly (I almost did not release it because of this). Thus it, and the 08 Kick Ranch Syrah, are wish-list only items this go-round.

Thanks for the feedback. Obviously, I didn’t read the newsletter and went straight to the order menu – a testament to my blind faith in what Morgan produces. Here’s hoping my wish-list gets filled!

I’ve had the cab in this release on a couple of occasions. There’s a thread on it here if you search. My CT note:

• 2009 Bedrock Wine Co. Cabernet Sauvignon Bedrock Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Valley (12/15/2011)
    This is a preview of next Spring’s Bedrock release. Morgan says this wine was coiled tight in barrel but surprisingly seemed to open up just after bottling. My wife being really a bigger cab fan than me, I opened this for her birthday dinner. The nose reveals a perfume of tremendous complexity - currant, eucalyptus, along with some herbal and earthy notes. Palate is more reserved, entering with some red currant and bay leaf, but quickly giving way to more earthy, savory notes in the midpalate, finally disappearing into a wall of fine-grained tannin. This is a highly structured wine that will be a joy for fans of old-school cab. People looking for gobs of jammy fruit and melted tannin should look elsewhere. Future bottles I’d give a few years sideways then enjoy.

Posted from CellarTracker

I’ll add that at the last open house, the cab was the favorite of my wife and the 2 friends we brought along. I will personally always lean towards the Syrah but I agree the cab showed quite nicely.

Order in! Fingers crossed on wishlist.

Great notes Larry…and thanks for posting. This sounds like my cup of tea and I took my allocation and wishlisted the max.

Thanks Morgan for posting the release letter in advance. I got it via release e-mail right behind my order invoice [cheers.gif]

I can’t wait to try the Casa Santinamaria.

[cheers.gif]

I am similarly confused, Chad, and have a strong preference towards the former.

As usual, I will be spending more than planned. Albarino + low volume goodies is difficult to resist. flirtysmile

This has been a rough couple weeks. The old credit card is on life support. Left a lot on the table this go-round but plan to reload for the summer release. Need my Lauterbach pretty please. [cheers.gif]

order in. whites, cab, and wishlist for Lauterbach. my cellar is heavy bedrock :slight_smile:

+1 and loaded up on all the syrahs [cheers.gif]

Given that Antonio can’t be spending too much time with each wine, his view must be from a short slice in time while Morgan’s is built over time, tasting the wine at various stages of development. Also, Morgan’s notes must somewhat take into account expectations for the wine based on experience with the vineyard, which is something Antonio is just starting to build.

The lack of racking on the T’n’S likely made this a very backwards wine in bottle, while the Plein de Chene has usually been the most approachable of these.

I try to withhold judgement too much on obtrusiveness of oak in young wines, but I’m glad to hear Morgan is fine-tuning these cuvees and can’t wait to taste what results with the benefit of further experience with Hudson.

Really bummed on the Hudson allocations, one each is more a form of torture than anything else. One of my favorite vineyards.

in. lot of wish listing… could end up invoiced for 3x what i just paid newhere

I’m skipping this one. If anyone didn’t get enough and wants my allocation, let me know.

Okay, somebody’s either being very sloppy in CT or else has a discounting source that I’m not aware of. Just entering my pending order. Current average community value of the new Pleine de Chene is $30.50?! Where’d the other 8.50 go? Casa Santinamaria is in CT at $15.25 versus $17.50. About half of the other wines in this release are in there at less that release price, only a few are right. I’ll even spot you an extra $1/btl if you want to include shipping and round up, but not sure how we have data so low.

Anyone have additional insight on the Santinamaria wine? Price is nice, just want to know a bit more about what to expect.

Beyond what Morgan said, nope. He just bottled it a couple weeks ago and there hasn’t been a tasting opportunity at Bedrock since the harvest. Leap of faith I say. [berserker.gif]

shit wine geeks say rolleyes [basic-smile.gif]

With lots of different interesting wines, the bottle count adds up quickly - held back as best I could and still hit 18 bottles plus the wish list for the two syrahs… I’ve liked what I’ve opened thus far, particularly for the price points (though only 5 bottles since I started ordering in late 2010) - but generally want to wait a bit longer on the reds as those seemed to need more time. Wish I could have ordered more of the whites as they were enticing, but having recently realized the number of short term drinking whites stacked up in my cellar, I needed to hold back most on those.