Bedrock Spring Release - Tuesday Feb. 8, 2022

Esola Vineyard. Supposed to be in a later release, not this one.

Inevitably, I’ll order what looks like too much Lulu and Sauv Blanc (along with some of the heavyweights) and by mid summer I’ll be asking myself “why didn’t you order more Lulu and Sauv Blanc”?

1 Like

I’m a slow learner. I under-order the Ode to Lulu every year.

Having a second rosé offering in the fall will undoubtedly help. I’m glad they’re splitting those two offerings up.

Podcast is up. Almost 2 hours!

4 Likes

Just in time for my drive to pickup wines from two Oregon BD participants!

Fall release, according to Morgan.

I adore the release podcasts.

That sounds idyllic! I listened to the episode with Will Bucklin somewhere in the middle of a drive between Southern California and Santa Cruz – nice way to pass the time.

I believe Rich Brown got a shout out on the podcast! also a mention of Berserkers from Morgan.

Doing a little mental math and I’m having a hard time figuring out how to keep this release to 2 cases, wow a lot of wines I want in this one!

Yep, I was lucky enough to get two bottles. Great wine now, might improve a bit. Word of advice, I held onto a certain bottle for a long time and opened it up on my Birthday yesterday. It was shit. The bottles I had ten years ago were better. Not everything improves with age.

Bedrock Heritage wines, of course, being an exception. [cheers.gif]

1 Like

listened to the podcast, but would love to see the Release Notes early.

Which “certain bottle” and one bottle doesn’t really tell much.

The bottling doesn’t matter, but the fact I only had one left from the case does.

Context matters, otherwise it’s just a random bottle that underperformed. Or are you trying to imply that aging wines past 10 years is universally a bad idea?

1 Like

Last post I will make on this because its thread drift. I implied that holding a wine doesn’t always improve it. Read my original comment. Enough with this shenanigans.

I think the point was it wasn’t clear if you were referring to a specific Bedrock bottle or just that concept generally

It all depends on which wine.

Not to change the subject but, Did anyone else notice that Chris kept referring to himself in the third person on the podcast? neener [snort.gif]

First release - quick question about how it works. Does everyone get the same release and you just have to watch your email to buy before wines sell out, or allocated based on purchases/time on list etc. Thanks