Bedrock Wine Co. Spring Release Save-The-Date

Was trying to skip this release, since I bought so many in Fall/Winter. But weak willpower plus the rationalization that I will go through at least 2 cases of rose this summer lead me to pick up half a case of Lulu… and then a mixed half + half a case of wishlist. I am curious about the Schmeidt road, which is right next to Kirschenmann and picked up a couple on that basis…

I was working hard on resisting the Schmeidt until I read the Vince T note above and looked closer at the offering. I really loved a 2012 Kirschenmann I had a few months back, I expected something more grapy and simple and was gobsmacked by how far from either of those characteristics the wine was delivering. Really exceptional. If Schmeidt is in that vein, yum.

Showed real restraint at a case including wish list. Lets see what wishes get granted…

Sean

im curious with the wish list items, do they normally distribute first requested, first served, or do they try to be liberal with the distribution?

I am passing on my offer, its huge. I just have way too much Bedrock currently sitting in my cellar.

Jah bless

How did the tasting go? You try any wines from the release?

As of this hour I haven’t made my decisions and would also be interested in your opinions, Roger.

Paring this down is ridiculously hard to do and I’m this close to asking Chris to tear up my order and starting over, Jeesh.

Six Pack here - 1 sav blanc, 1 rose, 2 Under the Mt. and 2 of the Monticello Cab. Never had the cab nor the Under the Mt, so will try them both this Spring as it sounds like they will both drink well young.

Hi,

I wanted much more, but whittled it down to:

1 2016 Sky Vineyard Syrah Mt. Veeder

2 2017 Chuy Chardonnay Moon Mountain District

1 2017 Montecillo Old Vine Cabernet Sauvignon Moon Mountain District

7 2018 Ode To Lulu Rose California

6 Sonoma Cab wishlisted.

To use TomHills term, these folks get it. Just a great tasting experience with Jackie. Their “new” tasting room is really cool, lots of pics on the walls, vineyard owners that they source from, historical pics relating to wine production from way back and more pics relating to the history of the tasting room. They are pouring mainly wines from last falls release, Spring Release wines are not ready yet.

We started with a splash of the '15 Under the Wire Sparking Chardonnay, then on to the following:
'17 Alta Vista Gewurtz
'17 Evangelho Heritage
'17 Bedrock Heritage
'17 Pagani Ranch Heritage, and
'16 Montecillo Cab

Jackie overheard us talking about the Exposition syrah and brought us a taste of their '13 Alder Springs syrah and then for good measure she then gave us a generous pour of the '16 Oakville Farmhouse Napa red blend.

She then finished off our tasting with a nice palate cleansing splash of the '18 Ode to Lulu rose.

All the while, Jackie is giving us the total low down on the various vineyards, some neat stories regarding the folks whose pics are on the walls, a little inside scoop on Chris to take with us to our tasting with Hardy Wallace and just a ton of other fascinating stories and tidbits of info.

At the end of it all I placed my order for the Spring Release wines, think I might have gotten a little carried away but it’s all good.

Cheers,

Roger O.

If anyone picks up their full allocation of Lulu they will be drinking well for a while. I took 2 cases of Lulu as my wife loves this bottling.

Any specific notes on the Montecillo Cabernet?

Niiiice Roger! Sure it was a blast! Out of curiosity, did they mention how much air they give the wines before pouring? All of those wines seem painfully young (especially the Bedrock and the Cab!)

I love Bedrock and young wines but i just cant imagine Montecillo that young being enjoyable

Any specific notes on the Montecillo Cabernet?

Niiiice Roger! Sure it was a blast! Out of curiosity, did they mention how much air they give the wines before pouring? All of those wines seem painfully young (especially the Bedrock and the Cab!)

We had an afternoon appt. so I’m guessing that these bottles had been open for about 3-4 hours.

Unfortunately, I didn’t take any notes but all of the wines were drinking nicely. All had beautiful balance as you’d expect and I do recall liking the Pagani the best, a bit more fruit on the front end. The Montecillo cab was quite nice if somewhat muted but with good acid and tannins that weren’t overly aggressive or green.

Any idea what time the offer opens up tomorrow?

Usually around noon pacific, but check earlier to be safe.

If anybody starts getting their wish lists granted, let us all know.