BEEFER - the Porsche of grills

Please report back.
Especially if you think the Beefer One is too small.
Did you buy any accessories?

I don’t think the Beefer One is too small, as you can use it for a 800g Porterhouse. I would say enough for 2 hungry people. The idea behind the Beefer One based on an interview with the inventors is also that you slice the meat and enjoy it with friends and not that everyone has its own Porterhouse. A kind of social happening/event. They also said in the interview that the Beefer One was intended to bring it to friends&neighbours, as you can use a Beefer transport box.

In addition the BEEFER is such fast that while enjoying the first Porterhouse you could put easily a second in the BEEFER and it is ready when the first is in your stomach.

So far I didn’t buy any accessories based on the fact that my beefer is especially aimed to use it for my new summerhouse/datcha which is ready in October. This means I also could not report on my personal experience concerning the BEEFER.

Cheers,
Martin

A BGE user can obtain searing temperatures of over 1200 degrees without damage to the egg. Get a dome temperature of 700 degrees by going wide open and then place a cooking surface directly on the coals. Leave it at high temp till stabilized. I’ve measured coals to be right at 1200 degrees. Care should be taken not to fill the egg with too much fuel. You want to keep the flames away from the gasket and the dome closed. I’ll post pictures.

I’ve gotten a dome temp over 800 once or twice, but the first time it cost me my eyebrows. May explain why I have replaced the gasket three times.

Martin - This looks like it might be the ultimate tailgate grilling machine. A few questions, since my German ends after I can count from one to ten.

Can you answer any of these questions:

Will the small basic version get that hot?
It is powered by a regular tank of propane?
How long does it take for it to get hot once you fire it up?
How much of a pain in the ass is it to clean?
How long does it take to cool down?
What does the small one weighs?
How much do they cost?
When will they be available in the US?

OMG yes - great idea!

now

They are giving free shipping now also. They say 14 days to receive.

If you hit the link in Martins 1st post you get to Beefer US.

hahahaha

Hi Jack,

I would say that someone who could read has a clear advantage. Most answers regarding your questions you will find here: https://us.beefer.com

\

1. All versions have the same temperature, 800 C or 1.500°F.

\
  2. Yes, regular tank of propane. Here in Germany quite easy to buy in a craftmanns shop.

Burner temperature > 1,500° F)
Tested according to Gas Appliance Directive 2009/142/EC
Category: I3P (30) propane
Nominal heat capacity: 3.5 KW
LPG-powered grill appliances for outdoor use

3. The BEEFER is ready in 4-5min

4. A few parts you could remove and put in a washing machine. And the rest is straightforward steel surface and easy to clean. They also offer a cleaning liquid for little money to buy in the Beefer shop. Here you will find photo how to remove parts of the beefer and put in the washing machine:

5. I don’t know

6. 3.5 kg

7. 899$

8. Already available, 10-14 days delivery

ENJOY
Martin

Here is a nice movie about a BEEFER trip in Africa. They use the Beefer for meat, seafood and oysters. In german, but nice photos. The inventor of the Beefer you see on the left side (without beard).

Cheers,
Martin

small one is 15 kg or 33 lbs.

Not sure where you guys got the weight.
The web site says 11kg or 24.25lbs

What about this one—same temps and ease of cleaning—half the price: Inferno by Northfire Portable Infrared Propane Gas Grill : BBQGuys

Some good reviews on Amazon.
Doesn’t have the same classy appearance. But at almost half the price seems like a bargain.

similar specs. Buying one tomorrow probably. And free shipping.

check out the roccbox Alan. DOes pizza too! Doesn’t quite get as hot as the beefer/inferno, but more multi purpose

eabM3J13tT8

I also read that if you contact Beefer for scratch & dent models they have some pretty big discounts

Quite cheesy the design. Only 500C and needs 15min to heat. And 569$

I am not convinced!

If you’re looking for a mixed device (Pizza&Meat) , then I would recommend Uuni. I have an older model Uuni 2 at my summerhouse for Pizza only. I recommend.

Cheers,
Martin

bought an Inferno. Same size grill surface, same heat, same ease of cleaning, similar specs as Beefer. Just cheaper.

sounds like next get together is at the Weinberg Casa?

Report back please.
Still deciding.
I already have a wood burning pizza oven.

we will see. Just got the propane tank. Only cooks one steak at a time is the downside–won’t arrive for a few days. Need to practice.