BerserkerDay Awards!!! (winners announced, 'trophies' awarded)

You’re killing me, lol.

Go for the Tercero rose.

Hey Todd is there a category for how much coin one dropped on BD?

[stirthepothal.gif]

Ok, I asked for several days, and only one correction was made, so I’m going to make the results official:

BerserkerDay IX Champion - John Simpson, with 140 bottles

BerserkerDay IX ROTY (Roookie of the Year) - RKatz, with 68 bottles

BerserkerDay IX MVP - Nola Palomar, with an absolutely insane auction item and continuously great offers

BerserkerDay IX All-Pro - sdfruman and Mike Evans, as both are among the top 10, seemingly, each BerserkerDay, in numbers of bottles purchased

Well done Todd.

I will never be in the top level of purchasers, but BD is a great opportunity for me to sample from wineries I have never tried. That’s the big value for me, and I thank you for that.

Do I get something for my not-so-subtle move of bumping up the bids on Nola’s item? [cheers.gif]

Congrats to John, Randy, Nola and Sheila.

Thanks to Todd and to Brig for putting on such a smooth event.

My deep appreciation goes out to the entire board and to everyone who has made this place what it is. To all of the fine people here that have tasted, purchased, cellared and written notes on Briceland wine: You have made our tiny winery in the middle of no place better. The reason to make wine is that people enjoy it. Thank you.

Understanding that rationale, why not do a longer auction preview that you can take down for the 12-24 hours before/during the BD event itself?

I don’t personally see the distraction issue, although I can understand a different view and that some folks may think “hey, I’ll just bid on the magnum instead of buying a couple bottles” But usually the goal of an auction is to maximize revenue, and the way to maximize revenue is to boost anticipation and planning.

Even a modified preview might work: e.g., “We’ll have gift cards from JJ buckley, wine offers from X, y, and z, and special items - vacation rentals at XX and YY” and then provide details for those rentals.