BerserkerFest 8.0 - Santa Barbara/SRH Nov 21-23 #berserkerfest

Sorry Kara, we scoffed all Peter’s ingredients during lunch at Liquid Farm. :slight_smile:

Your pizza was awesome anyway. maybe less is more? [thankyou.gif]

It’s a pity we didn’t have time to get into the Sambuca. [cheers.gif]

Ok, sounds like there is definitely enough interest, and we should start putting plans together soon.

I’m moving this to Offline Planner, and maybe making it a sticky.

Of note: housing can be an issue in this area, so while we might want to look at hotels, we might also consider VRBO and renting houses, as then people can work together and have party houses if they want. Also, I’d like to see if Danny Mazza has suggestions for transportation, so we’re safe, as the cops in this area are no joke with drunk drivers.

Once we get idea of the events figured out I’ll start coming up with some options for transport.

As far as lodging it’s really going to be dependent on where people want to stay. I can speak to a friend of mine who manages a small hotel/motel in Santa Barbara about getting a group rate. But that puts people 45 minutes from the Santa Ynez and over an hour to Lompoc area.

can’t just stay at the holiday inn/motel 6 like last time?

Sure can, if it’s nearby…

I’m in for this place. 4 couples and a few stragglers. 6 bedrooms and a barn on 5 acres at $1400 per night. Has a volleyball court. Berserkerfest HQ

image.jpg

Moving to Offline Planner, so we can start planning the event!!! I’ll change the OP to include a list of potential attendees, so let me know in this thread if you were one of the ‘yes’ or ‘maybe’ and I’ll update accordingly.

Has anyone priced out the local hotels?

Nikki - I presume Saturday would be the preferred day for the big scavenger hunt, and ancillary activities, right?

I would really like to try to make this event- but not sure I can. Will just be returning from another trip on the 18th…but we shall see!!

I’m in! It will be nice not to have to travel!

Dana and Mike are in.

Wife and I are maybes (depends on several things)

I’m in for this one.

Love seeing all these new names on the thread, giving us a chance to meet some Berserkers never before met in person!

Updated first post.

Lea and I would totally dig this if we’re in town that weekend. Plans for Thanksgiving week are totally up in the air still.

JoAnn and I will try. Tough weekend as stated above though. I would hate to miss this one.

Perry and I are in.

I’ll plan to attend, and as a local am happy to assist in other ways where I can be of help.

Jonathan

Now how could I forget. Put me in a category of trying to make it work.

champagne.gif champagne.gif champagne.gif