best 2010 Cab $100-$150

Corison, although might not do well against in-your-face big boys.

Good call on the 2010 Myriad ‘Three Twins’. That’s a fantastic wine that’s drinking super well at the moment and would likely have broad appeal.

Ridge Monte Bello might be available at the high end of your price range.

Cardinale

Leoville Barton, if it meets your qualification. At 77% it would meet US rules.

There will be 6 of us. 4 of the other 5 I have never met & know nothing about them. The person hosting the tasting is a grower/winemaker of predominantly Cabernet Sauvignon.

I’ll second jflegler’s recommendation.

2010 Forman

There may be three or four 2010’s it’s equal, but none better.

nother vote for Forman. Not sure it is ready. And similarly not quite ready, and needs a good decant, You might also consider Beringer PR.

Another vote for the Forman and Dunn Howell Mountain.

Ed

Just tasted a bunch of wines in this range, blind, last night. The clear stand-out, wotn by acclamation, was the 2013 Di Costanza Farella, which you can actually find for a touch <$100. It beat wines by T-R-B and Mike Smith (neither of which were shabby), as well as a somewhat older Ridge (which might have been a tired, if not downright off bottle). Beautiful complexity, so smooth on the palate, with a lovely finish: dirt, red fruits, clove, game, the whole package.

Good to know, I had planned on holding my ‘13’s for awhile longer yet. May I ask how much air you gave it?

Sure, Eric,
It was opened about 45 minutes before the tasting and we got to it about half an hour in, so 75 minutes altogether, no decant. It was way more giving than the one I popped a couple of years back.’
Enjoy!