Best Area in Paris for Bistros

Yes, Madame Corinne at le Terroir is exemplary as a proprietor. Warm lobster salad with a saffron dressing, 1/2 bottle of Lamy’s Princee (new cuvee to me). Perfect. I had a huge lunch, so just resolved to come back in a few days, despite staying in Dijon. Next dinner might have been better – veal, game bird, 1/2 of Santenay Clos Rousseau. A pretty little square out front.

I did get the full list at le Bon Georges, and it was interesting, and not too expensive. But I wasn’t in the mood for a full bottle.

Just a quick note that we had a lovely lunch at le Bon Georges. The place was packed (on a Tuesday lunch) and service was fine. No one questioned my French and my quasi de veau could have fed a few others along with me. It was one of our better meals in France (along with bouchon chez Georges and Les Loges in Lyon as well as the Japanese restaurant Zen in Paris).

The Bon georges, rue saint georges paris 9th ?

Lol, reminds me of a coffee truck near my office which I tried once. I asked what the single origin coffee was and she laboriously explained that their regular coffee was a blend from different locations but the single origin was all from one place.

I heroically refrained from rolling my eyes and asked what the one place was. She looked a bit panicky and said, “Um, I think it might be Kenya?”

That’s where I had lunch.

ok thanks
I will test it.

Le Bon Georges features beef from the great butcher, Alexandre Polmard.