Best Champagne Values

Based on this thread, I just grabbed a few bottles of Moutard (thru’ a friend) for the grand sum of $15 each. Now that’s value!

That’s a good friend.

Except that their least expensive bottling (Resonance) is the only one of the lineup that I don’t like. Love all the others.

Bereche NV
Pierre Peters NV
Bremont NV (if you can find it)
Louis Roederer NV

I always liked the Paul Bara Grand Rose as a value play. Nice wine and was pretty cheap, at least a few years back.

Big +1. It has crept up in p;rice, but it is still an excellent value. Love this wine

Nice, wine house has half bottles for 28, I’ll try it sometime!

No love for Jose Dhondt? Just had 2008 MVV last night, and everyone flipped.

The regular bottling has been a staple of my house for years.

This, and posting from… Epernay, where I picked up some of the Mineral today.

The 08 MVV is pretty spectacular. The 10’s pretty good too.

+1. Just re-upped from Winex.

Jason

Value is subjective, at least to me. As a guy who buys a lot of Champagne now, and nearly all of it from Envoyer, I want to give Greg and Scottie over there some props. The Marguet has been a find, as has Gerbais, both very affordable. For anyone who seeks bubbly in the lower register of brut, get on their email offer list. I’d also add Dethune and the Vilmart NV Rose to my short list (although this one could be argued as not a value. For me, what is under the cork is a damn good value and I have gone long on the stuff).

PS–I have no financial interest in Envoyer but I do blame Frenchie for suggesting I get on their list several years ago.

Cracked another Bonville today, I can’t imagine a better value. Grand Cru for $35/btl.

Jacquesson 739 if you can find it low-market, but that’s a little steep for “value.” Ayala, Gaston Chiquet, Bonville, Roederer, Roederer Estate (for sparkling).

Love this wine, and a very fine value, I agree

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Launois. Quartz and Blanc de Blanc both under $50 at K&L.

At $25 I really like what Nicolas Feuillatte Brut Reservé delivers in tiny bubbles.

Agree with Roederer Brut Premier, fantastic value.

Charles Heidiesck NV
Pierre Paillard Rose Grand Cru

+1 here

Just be careful if/when you join Envoyer’s list…it is just too darn easy to pull the trigger on these champagne deals, which is almost exclusively what I buy from them. On pre-arrival (after recently taking delivery of my NV Dethune and Vilmart rose orders, among other items) I have:

NV Marc Hébrart Champagne Blanc de Blancs Brut 1er Cru ($26.99 weekend special–took a case on this re-load; LOVED it at the original $29.99 price)
NV Henri Giraud Champagne Hommage A François Hemart Brut
NV René-Henri Coutier Champagne Brut Rosé
2008 René-Henri Coutier Champagne Vintage Brut
2008 René-Henri Coutier Champagne Cuvée Henri III
2010 Christophe Mignon Champagne Blanc de Noirs Pur Meunier Brut Nature
NV Christophe Mignon Champagne Blanc de Noirs Pur Meunier Brut Nature
2010 Chartogne-Taillet Champagne Blanc de Noirs Brut Couarres Chateau
NV Chartogne-Taillet Champagne Cuvée Sainte Anne
NV Gosset Champagne Brut Grande Réserve (splits)
NV Marc Hébrart Champagne Premier Cru Brut Rosé (liked the BdB so much, this was a no-brainer)
NV Hugues Godmé Champagne Grand Cru Rosé

If one is truly interested in champagne values, this mailing list is a MUST!