Best Current Top-Class Napa Cab Tastings in Napa

If you’re up at Pride, Paloma was always fun. Though haven’t been since Barbara passed.

Realm is great and to be checked out once they open again.

Haven’t been to Beta, but I’ve been trying to find a date that works with them.

Haven’t been to Outpost since new management, but they were a nice visit along with a trip to O’Shaughnessy.

If you go to Lewelling get Haley to open some Hayfork.

Trespass was a good tasting when it was in the Vineyard. Now its moved to somewhere else.

If you go to Heron House, meet Kelly and taste some Switchback.

Haven’t visited since '19, but my wife and I enjoyed our experience at Quintessa. The tastings were comped because we were staying at Hotel Yountville.

Great list so far. I’d add a vote for O’Shaughnessy and include Anderson’s Conn Valley (St. Helena) for multiple cab and cab dominant blends.

I’d add Gamble. Outstanding SB, excellent cabs that aren’t overripe and benefit from some age. The tasting is very well done and they give you plenty of time to hang out and try whatever you’d like.

I would add hitting up Mossimo at Di Costanzo. Mossimo and wife are awesome, passionate wine peeps and making killer juice.

Couple more -

Lithology Winery (aka Alejandro Bulgheroni Estate) - Saint Helena. awesome single vyd cabs from various beckstoffer fruit among others.
GANDONA - Pritchard hill
Marciano estate - Saint Helena

1 Like

curious-how many wines are these two pouring?

I would add Seavey, beautiful spot, nice wines, very friendly and intimate. Tack on Anderson’s as someone said, just down the road.

B Cellars has a great Cab lineup as well as excellent food pairings with their tastings.

Both are 4-5 wines.

Consider Tench as well.

1 Like

Thanks to all for these recommendations. I’m headed to Napa in September and I’m going to likely visit White Rock (I’m a member and I love going there), Promontory, and Matthiasson. I haven’t been to the latter two so I’m excited to check them out.

Storybook.

Very intimate tasting. Enjoyable wines.

I second Tench. One of the most unpretentious, delightful, peaceful tastings I’ve had. Fantastic wines, really informative about the ground they live on, and being able to connect with Margaret as if we were all family. May not be what you’re looking for, but was on a different level for us.

3 Likes

Spring Mountain Estate’s reserve tasting is one not to be missed. They usually hold it in the old mansion or cave, and pour several older vintages.

Also, +1 for B Cellars, their heritage (reserve) tasting is fantastic, mostly all Beckstoffer wines including Dr. Crane. Ask for Forrest B as a host, good dude.