Best dishwasher safe Cab glasses?

One thing that helps is to open the dishwasher as soon as the cycle is done so that the dishes and glasses all dry better in general. I know there are certain Miele dishwasher that do this automatically.

If you still have drips, just wipe off with a polishing cloth. If you follow Aldo Sohm on IG, he actually had video post about this sometime this past year. If I recall correctly, he actually puts his Zaltos on the bottom rack of his dishwasher.

I put all my Zaltos in the bottom shelf, never had an issue.

I put my Grassl 1885s on the top shelf with flip down stem holders. I’m careful when I do and don’t load a bunch of stuff around it. We’ve had good luck so far. But I ordered more on BD because no glass lasts forever.

If we have people over and have a lot of stuff to wash I will load up the dishwasher with everything else and wash the glasses the next day. I probably use more water hand washing a bunch of glasses than running them in the dishwasher anyway.

This comment should be pinned somewhere. I know a lot of people are, understandably, afraid of putting good stems in the dishwasher, but it’s really better than the alternative.

I put everything in the dishwasher at an angle on the top rack. Closest I’ve come to breaking a hand blown stem is clanking it on the counter or cabinet between the dishwasher and putting it up. I do usually hang dry on a stem dry rack after the dishwasher to let any residual water fall off.

My usual glass is the Riedel restaurant series in the dw. As said above, don’t remove them before they are completely cool.

I always hand washed decanters. I had some heavily stained decanters that I tried everything to clean, metal beads, baking soda, scrub brushes; pretty much every technique touted here. It never worked, totally ineffectual. A couple of nights ago the bottom rack was free of dinner plates and it looked like I could place the decanter there.
Next morning it looked like new. Another wtf moment.

I added a Grassl Microfiber Cloth to my BD purchases…

I have a GG Alpha decanter, and while it looks cool, there is no way to put it into a dishwasher. I find that Oxy-clean does a very nice job. Be sure to rinse very thoroughly. I’ve heard that efferdent tablets also work well.

Also, for the silicone tethers, you need to be cognizant of the stem width, and how well the tether will hold it. For example, the Grassl stems are too thin for the tether to “grip”. I simply test the stem to see which direction it tends to lean, and then secure the tether such that the stem leans into it. Problem solved

I tried effervescent and ox-clean at various times, maybe too late but never made a difference. My brother gifted me a Riedel Lyra (edit Amadeus; the least crazy of recent Riedel designs) or whatever it’s called. I took out of the box once.